Date Night

detroitdad
I love the photos of you and your bride. It is obvious that you are soul mates and as much in love today as you were 32 years ago.

Thank you. Respect each other, communicate, communicate, communicate, and slap her on the bum at least twice daily. That is our (my) key to happiness lol.

Guess what tonight is!!!! Were hitting a local brewery. What's fun about this place is that it used to be a church. I hear they have pretty good old fashioneds. I haven't had many that beat what I make.

Salt Springs Brewery

One of the first somewhat fine dining restaurant in Frisco was called The Abbey. It was an old church building. The owners later closed it, and moved away. It is now a church, again. A reataurant chain in DFW bought the recipe and name of their signature dessert, an apple pie a la mode on a sizzling hot cast iron plate. OMG, that pie is amazing -- and I don't care much for desserts.

CD

One of the first somewhat fine dining restaurant in Frisco was called The Abbey. It was an old church building. The owners later closed it, and moved away. It is now a church, again. A reataurant chain in DFW bought the recipe and name of their signature dessert, an apple pie a la mode on a sizzling hot cast iron plate. OMG, that pie is amazing -- and I don't care much for desserts.

CD

Same with desserts, however apple pie or crumble, I'm in.

Russ

The Woodland Plantation not far from New Orleans is a beautiful destination for a romantic weekend. The Big House is the old plantation house. For a long time, it was featured on the Southern Comfort label. It was also the subject of a Currier and Ives painting. There are four or five other historic structures for lodging. The Spirit Hall is an old church that was transported to the property. It serves as a lounge and dining hall. Guests are served breakfast and can make reservations for lunch and dinner. Dinner is a five-course dining experience. Guided fishing trips are available. The grounds are beautiful with ancient, moss draped oak trees and alligators sunning on the riverbank. It is a very popular wedding venue.
We have not been there in several years. I need to talk to George about booking a weekend with a fishing trip. We have friends who live in Buffalo Gap, TX. about 20 miles southwest of Abeline. George sees Doug a couple of times a year. I have not seen Sandra in probably 10 years. A weekend at the plantation would be a wonderful get away and an opportunity to catch up with my friend. I need to make that happen.

I love seeing photos of you and your bride. You are obviously as much in love as the day you married. It is also obvious that you are best friends.

Thank you. It really is fun partnering up with someone that you are excited to see every single day!! She texted me. She is handling dinner tonight. Eggplant meatballs!!!

Back
Top Bottom