Veteran
Local time
9:27 PM
i love impromptu date night's

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
1:27 PM
Dinner club seems to be as close to date night around here. Especially since daughter and her son have been staying with us nearly 5 months. Being that we have been together 47 years we've become used to each other's habits. Maybe every night I cook is our date night???

Russ

Lullabelle

Midlands, England
Local time
2:27 AM
Date night

I started with ham hock terrine and TVC had thai fishcake with sweet chilli dip

Followed by steak, TVC had confit duck leg

Finished with 1 piece of salted caramel cheesecake between us then a capuccino each.

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
1:27 PM

The Velvet Curtain

Pot washer
Local time
Leicester: Where Britain keeps its crisps

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Local time
I love sloppy joes. I was bemused and angry a few years ago when I read an article that was something like "10 Food Adults Shouldn't Eat," and the gist was that certain foods are kids' foods, and if you're a 35 year old person eating them, you're obviously in a state of perpetual immaturity, and on that list was...sloppy joes!

Saranak

Local time
I love sloppy joes. I was bemused and angry a few years ago when I read an article that was something like "10 Food Adults Shouldn't Eat," and the gist was that certain foods are kids' foods, and if you're a 35 year old person eating them, you're obviously in a state of perpetual immaturity, and on that list was...sloppy joes!
No such as food for adult or bambini I still love Orzo pasta at home class as baby food!!
Sarana x

CraigC

Veteran
Local time
I used to be a fan of the canned sloppy Joe stuff, that began with "Man". No more. I love using Aaron McCargo Jr's recipe, but always substitute ground beef for the filet Mignon.

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Local time
I used to be a fan of the canned sloppy Joe stuff, that began with "Man". No more. I love using Aaron McCargo Jr's recipe, but always substitute ground beef for the filet Mignon.
I have a very basic one I found on Allrecipes. It takes maybe five minutes longer than the can, but it's so much better.

I like to serve them open-faced, cheese on the bottom, and dill pickle slices on top.

detroitdad

Veteran
Local time

I used to use the canned stuff until my wife showed me how to make them homemade. When we make sloppy joes it's called cleaning out the fridge LOL

Windigo

Retired cook
Local time
3:27 AM
I just discovered this thread, I like it!

Our regular date night consists of going out for dinner at least once a month, or playing games at home with a two course meal. Right now we can't go out for dinner so I make the best of what we have at home.
Yesterday we had an indoor date night, doing some gourmetten with the two of us. ( Gourmetten )
It was premium steak, organic chicken, prawns and some vegetables with crusty french bread and home made garlic and cocktail sauce. We had fun together by playing a trivia game while eating.

Top Bottom