Date Night

So many people give up after a few years when things don't seem to be going so well. I get that a lot of people have absolutely miserable lives because of marital abuse, but so many also just bail out before realizing that the really good stuff happens so much later in life.

My husband used to say that his mom and dad had the perfect marriage, and I remember when first meeting them that they seemed so intune and happy together after their 60 years of marriage. And then I found out when having lunch with her one day several years ago, that she on several occasions didn't think they would last and thought about striking out on her own (she was reflecting on days in the 1980s).

They had the image of perfection, but nothing is perfect. Kudos to those who have a bond that's worth putting up with the worst to finally achieve the best!

We had a date night last night. We went to buy a plastic Christmas tree, a new one, as the old one got unusable, by spraying it over with a snow spray that led me to terrible cough. Daughter felt nothing, and I could not stop caughing ,s o we ended up throwing it away. My boyfriend drove it and helped me carry the new tree home. We had roasted salty almonds, I had baked them myself. My boyfriend loves those. No picture, sorry.

My lovely bride has to work today. She is anticipating a crappy day at work. I thought, no better time than to do a stay at home date night.

Our favorite appetizer is Spinach and Artichoke dip. That is what I will lead off with today. Never made it, but it looks easy enough.

The main course will be roasted carrot and ginger soup with a smoked cheese grilled cheese sandwich.

I'll take pictures and let my cookingbites family know how it turns out!

Back
Top Bottom