Windigo

Kitchen witch
Local time
12:37 AM
Website
www.instagram.com
Dave Myers: The Hairy Bikers star, who had cancer, dies at 66
Screenshot_20240229_124414_Samsung Internet.jpg

He will be missed! 😪He was one of my cooking icons ❤️ I will be forever grateful that he tried one of my recipes before he left this world, and added it to the Everyday Winners cookbook the made! My name is in that book.
Loved these guys for all the time they were on tv, such a loss!

I'll be honest their recipes and their style of presenting didn't float my boat but I really like the simplicity of the duo.
There was a childish honesty in the approach they used that was endearing.
I appreciate the way they were immediately given quite a lot of commissions by the BBC, it was sweet and a lovely way for someone with tenacity to leave a legacy for his family and fans.

I love the fact they were initially told to go away the programme wouldn't work because essentially food programmes are lifestyle programmes and no-one would want to be them 😂 they've proven them wrong and managed it with aplomb.

He came across as a genuinely really nice guy who cared about his family and the people around him.

As a biker myself I enjoyed seeing the bikes. Travelling around by motorcycle trying out different places and foods is my (and many others) thing and they did just that big style.
I also loved the fact he was a terrible motorcyclist and fell off all the time, he was renowned for it, but he didn't care, he'd get back on his bike and carry on. You got to love that.

This is terribly sad, I didn’t realize he was sick, so it’s quite the shock. Dave was far and away my favorite of the two, and I’ve made a few of their recipes and they all turned out as advertised.

This is terribly sad, I didn’t realize he was sick, so it’s quite the shock. Dave was far and away my favorite of the two, and I’ve made a few of their recipes and they all turned out as advertised.
Yeah I've always loved their stuff, especially their weight loss books. They have very reliable recipes.
My favorite is SI but honestly both were my favorite people in the food scene after Anthony Bourdain who's sadly lost to us forever too

I'll be honest their recipes and their style of presenting didn't float my boat but I really like the simplicity of the duo.
There was a childish honesty in the approach they used that was endearing.
I appreciate the way they were immediately given quite a lot of commissions by the BBC, it was sweet and a lovely way for someone with tenacity to leave a legacy for his family and fans.

I love the fact they were initially told to go away the programme wouldn't work because essentially food programmes are lifestyle programmes and no-one would want to be them 😂 they've proven them wrong and managed it with aplomb.
I loved that most about them, as someone who's not able to fit in many places they are inspiring to me and showing that even those who don't fit certain cultural standards can go places if the things they do are great.
I for one would love to be like them!
And indeed, their sincerity made them very special.
He came across as a genuinely really nice guy who cared about his family and the people around him.

As a biker myself I enjoyed seeing the bikes. Travelling around by motorcycle trying out different places and foods is my (and many others) thing and they did just that big style.
I also loved the fact he was a terrible motorcyclist and fell off all the time, he was renowned for it, but he didn't care, he'd get back on his bike and carry on. You got to love that.
Certainly!

He was being treated for cancer for quite a while but seemed to be 'getting better' so his death was a surprise but then fair enough he wanted to keep things private.

He was being treated for cancer for quite a while but seemed to be 'getting better' so his death was a surprise but then fair enough he wanted to keep things private.
Yeah the way they presented it he seemed to be improving, but seeing that everyone was present at his death I guess they knew more then they let on 😢

Back
Top Bottom