Decor

Funny... I almost posted that exact same kitchen photo, but thought it was too kitschy, even for you, TR. :laugh:

CD
I like it. I’d want those cooktop coils covered, but I’m assuming that thing up under the cabinets is an early microwave, so maybe that explains that crazed look in her eyes - her brain’s fried from the poor shielding on a 1973 microwave.

That first pic was me in 75 in first flat. Couch identical. Curtain same as well.

Russ
When we first married, I bought a secondhand set of furniture that was in pristine shape, but it dated back to about 1962. You how stuff had a kind of futuristic look back then, all sharp angles and straight lines, and it was this really unusual shade of blue, and the fabric was like burlap. It was so weird, I loved it. It felt like being in a Jetsons cartoon.

MrsT had that replaced in less than a month. 😆

Some of it for sure. I kinda like mid century modern. I'm a minimalist and also like bauhaus design.

Sounds like you have the same taste as me. Spot on!

There were some good 70's designs. Unfortunately, like many good design ideas they get subsumed into the everyday and mass market and we ended up with faux wood panelling, avocado toilets, shag pile brown carpets and cheap pine furniture.

This is what I like:
View attachment 87866
BHG

View attachment 87867
Click Americana

I have a feeling that kitchen and the cook are going to be part of a nightmare tonight - I can’t stop staring at either one!

Picture one I do like! But the kitchen in picture 2 is far to dark for my taste and that round table is horrible and doesn't even look 70's. What is strange though is that the counter tops look like modern faux marble effect (which I also hate). Back then it would have been formica I think.

The German's knew how to do it:

1658055616902.png

1970's Poggenpohl

Picture one I do like! But the kitchen in picture 2 is far to dark for my taste and that round table is horrible and doesn't even look 70's. What is strange though is that the counter tops look like modern faux marble effect (which I also hate). Back then it would have been formica I think.
I like that table! It's the weird fruitbowl I don't like. But yeah, it doesn't look 70s.

Poggenpohl was available here. It probably still is. It is a bit too sterile for my tastes. Those designs, with some touches of fine hardwoods scattered though would probably be okay for me. I need some nature in my decor.

Screen Shot 2022-07-17 at 9.38.38 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-07-17 at 9.44.27 PM.jpg

CD

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom