Difficult to find ingredients

Cooked the Salcice sauce tonight, using the Tesco pork sausage meat, and it was fine. I’m still going try it with Italian pork sausage if I ever find it, but it is clear enough, it worked. Very easy to cook, perfectly viable to cook it from scratch after coming in from a day’s work. Smelled wonderful while it was cooking. Generally positive reactions to it. And my personal opinion was, it was lovely. And it is pretty clear, those fennel seeds are key.

Now I just have to find the Rose Veal.

IMG_1003.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Not at all, it just completes the active punch list. Actually, that's not true is it? Still got to find those wretched ceps. Of which, more soon, but over on the other thread...

Not at all, it just completes the active punch list. Actually, that's not true is it? Still got to find those wretched ceps. Of which, more soon, but over on the other thread...

I'm very generous. I will post ceps to you if you can't find them. :happy: I once posted dried limes to someone in Italy, so I'm not kidding.

I'm very generous. I will post ceps to you if you can't find them. :happy: I once posted dried limes to someone in Italy, so I'm not kidding.

It is a very kind offer, but I must be able to find them somewhere. Actually, I have spotted an Italian delicatessen not far from me but enough out the way of where I would go in the ordinary course of events that it will require a specific trip. But I'll make it sometime soon.

Cooked the Salcice sauce tonight, using the Tesco pork sausage meat, and it was fine. I’m still going try it with Italian pork sausage if I ever find it, but it is clear enough, it worked. Very easy to cook, perfectly viable to cook it from scratch after coming in from a day’s work. Smelled wonderful while it was cooking. Generally positive reactions to it. And my personal opinion was, it was lovely. And it is pretty clear, those fennel seeds are key.

View attachment 5656
http://www.castlebankbutchers.co.uk/shop/category/45/British-Rose-Veal/

http://www.farmersfayre.co.uk/shop-restaurant/

http://www.heavesfarmveal.co.uk/Heaves_Farm_Veal/Home.html

View attachment 5656

@Ken Natton, you should check out @MypinchofItaly's dish in the 'What did you cook/eat today thread:

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/what-did-you-cook-eat-today-march-2017.9148/page-7#post-70150 (scroll up)

Its close to the Salcice - and she is after all and Italian cooking in Italy! Be great if you joined in that thread too.:D

If you're still after the veal.....

Firstly, Classic33, I will be trying out the farm shop you put me on to, I just have not had a chance yet. If I can’t get the rose veal there then I will go to the websites you provided. Before I started this thread, I had spotted rose veal on a website myself, and I don’t think it was any of the ones you have pointed to. Whatever, if that is my best source then so be it. But I certainly will be using rose veal for the Rick Stein cutlets dish.

Not that I am averse to trying alligator steaks for something. I have a vague memory that I have had crocodile before, and I have a strong feeling it was in a Walkabout bar somewhere. But your mentioning alligator steak has reminded me of another definite memory from my time in Tasmania. The mill I was working at had a mill canteen that, in culture, was a typical British mill canteen – of the type that hardly exists here anymore – including fish and chips on a Friday. Except that the battered fish was not cod. It was – shark. It was very nice actually.

Back
Top Bottom