Dish of the month (April): suggestions please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband does not like anything that has a creamy texture/look to it.
Also, it has to "look good" to him in order for him to eat it.
🤦‍♀️
I don't want to say that he's a picky eater, but he knows what he likes.
Over the past couple of years, I've started making dishes that he does not like just for myself.

WOW!
I thought I had an idea, but now that Risotto and Dumplings have been suggested, I'm very torn.
I'm with JAS_OH1 , I've never made Risotto myself, I cheat and buy it frozen-heat `n eat, but I should try making it once in my life.
And then there's dumplings... I have a recipe from Hawaii that I've never seen anywhere else.
So, it's a split vote for me: Risotto and/or Dumplings.
I love both those ideas! Dumplings, every country has a version of them.

I’m going to vote for risotto as it’s getting cold here.

As far as tom yum/yam goes, the shelf stable jarred paste is widely available. Here you can access it in regular supermarkets these days.

My husband does not like anything that has a creamy texture/look to it.
Also, it has to "look good" to him in order for him to eat it.
🤦‍♀️
Over the past couple of years, I've started making dishes that he does not like just for myself.
Mine is very choosy too, with dishes. I hate this! He refuses to taste all that's not in our tradition.
Luckyly, for lunch he don't come home, so I may prepare and eat all that I prefer!

I get the same thing with my wife. Not a picky eater, but only likes onions if they´re cooked to oblivion, likes her fish with butter and capers, no other sauces allowed, etc.
I gave up years ago and now cook single meals for myself and modified dishes for the rest!

They are not dumplings, they are donuts. They're fried sweet dough served as a new year's treat. You'd be pretty crazy to put an oliebol in your soup :laugh:

Make Dutch New Year's Doughnuts Any Time of Year

What about the apple one - is that also deep fried ? I suppose I was thinking that in the UK there are traditional apple dumplings with suet pastry so I imagined the appelbollen might be similar (not suet pastry though). I mean baked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom