Dish of the month (April): suggestions please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have only ever had one risotto I didn't like, and yes, it was mushy because it wasn't prepared properly.

<iframe width="948" height="533" src="
View: https://www.youtube.com/embed/yKro8Y72J1o
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Oh, i know Gordon Ramsay ! He is a very good cook, he has come in master chef junior, hotel hell and kitchen nightmare! But I only watch master chef junior.

Mod.comment: for the second time can I please ask members to stay on topic. Any further off topic posts will be deleted.

Mod.comment:
I've now moved posts about curry leaves to another thread. This thread is simply a thread to briefly mention the dishes you would support for 'dish of the month April'. A brief comment or two about why is fine but extended discussion is not appropriate. We need new threads on the forum. Anyone can start a new thread rather than go off topic.

As mentioned before, potato salad works for me. I have no experience making dumplings, but I'd give it a try. Both of those can be customized, like chili.

CD

For the record, I can make:

Asian-style dumplings (though they’re fussy and I usually cuss a lot when I make them)
Those (American) biscuity things that some people float in soup and call dumplings
Chicken and dumplings (those things some people call slicks)
Rice pudding
Fried rice
Rice pilaf
Plain ol’ white rice
Cold potato salad
Warm potato salad

So whatever is picked…I’m making something!

Here is a round up of the 'most positively mentioned' dishes.

Risotto: 7 positive mentions
Dumplings (any sort): 5 positive mentions
Potato salad: 5 positive mentions

All the other suggestions received 3 or less positive mentions. This is your last chance to influence the choice of dish. If you haven't already given a positive 'vote' to one of the above, you have one more day to do so. And yes, I've kept a tally of who has 'voted' for what so far, so no double votes please...

I have only eaten risotto a few times, and have never made it. But, I have no objections to it. I just don't know what I'll do with it.

I have the most experience with potato salads.

I am okay with all three of those.

CD

For the record, I can make:

Asian-style dumplings (though they’re fussy and I usually cuss a lot when I make them)
Those (American) biscuity things that some people float in soup and call dumplings
Chicken and dumplings (those things some people call slicks)
Rice pudding
Fried rice
Rice pilaf
Plain ol’ white rice
Cold potato salad
Warm potato salad

So whatever is picked…I’m making something!
You just reminded me that I do like German-style warm potato salad. Mine is a little different than the traditional one. My problem is that I am the only one who will eat it so I would make a portion for one. I'd rather do something else, guess we will see what transpires. Dumplings or rice would be nice.

Mod.comment: This is the third time I've had to remind members to start a new thread rather than go off topic. I've moved off topic posts to two new threads - one about curry and one about sushi. The forum needs new threads, not meandering off topic discussions which will never show up on a search. Furthermore, its very off-putting to new members or members who don't post a lot to go to a thread which interests them only to find that its discussing a completely different topic. So please, next time you are about to post think - 'would this make a new thread?'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom