'Dish of the Month (August) suggestions please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well macaroni and cheese was suggested but not used? I make a really good macaroni and cheese. Still, that seems limiting.

Well macaroni and cheese was suggested but not used? I make a really good macaroni and cheese. Still, that seems limiting.

Not necessarily limiting. There is a host of other ingredients that can be added to Mac 'n Cheese. I think there is the famous lobster variation...

Gets my vote.

Not necessarily limiting. There is a host of other ingredients that can be added to Mac 'n Cheese. I think there is the famous lobster variation...

Gets my vote.
Yes, I have done that before. These days my "go to" is chicken breast on the bottom, macaroni, then a 3 to 5-cheese sauce, with Panko breadcrumbs and bacon on top with a side salad to ease the guilt of all the fat and carbs. And the mac and cheese leftovers are the base for fried eggs the next day, LOL!

Last edited:
As in Chinese cooking?
Well sure, but I was being specific about rolls, not rice or soups and such, and I have had spring rolls that originated from other Asian cuisine (Vietnamese spring rolls) besides China. I suppose that could be expanded to rolls and wraps and then it could bridge international cooking.

That's fine. I was just clarifying as egg rolls are American Chinese. We don't have them here nor do you get them in China as far as I know. In the UK an egg roll is a bread roll with egg in it!
Well yes, I was aware of that. Same thing with fortune cookies, General Tso's, and others. Created in America.

I had no idea that there were egg rolls with eggs wrapped in bread, that just makes too much sense :laugh:

That's fine. I was just clarifying as egg rolls are American Chinese. We don't have them here nor do you get them in China as far as I know. In the UK an egg roll is a bread roll with egg in it!
I guess I better be careful, I was also thinking of fried appetizer balls (like sauerkraut balls, broccoli-cheese-bacon balls, crabmeat balls, etc., pretty much any filling mixtures you want rolled in bread crumbs and then deep fried. But without making myself perfectly clear in advance about the fillings, mentioning appetizer balls could get all sorts of results that might not necessarily be appetizing to everyone!

I guess I better be careful, I was also thinking of fried appetizer balls (like sauerkraut balls, broccoli-cheese-bacon balls, crabmeat balls, etc., pretty much any filling mixtures you want rolled in bread crumbs and then deep fried. But without making myself perfectly clear in advance about the fillings, mentioning appetizer balls could get all sorts of results that might not necessarily be appetizing to everyone!

The main thing is to have a clear theme which is possible to define. Fried appetiser balls seems to me to come under the category of croquettes (see above). So we could have 'Croquettes' (including appetiser balls).

Um, er, I was thinking some people might include animal testicles into that group if I wasn't specific.

I always think of croquettes as flat breaded food items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom