Recipe Disneyland Shrimp and / or pork Jambalaya

Dive Bar Casanova

Local time
5:58 AM
We have a really old Mickey Mouse Cookbook. It lists recipes of Disneyland favorites of that time.
It’s all changed now, not the quality it once was.

Their are 3 different Jambalaya Recipes at Disneyland today.
9c6di64.jpg

This was one of them. Read that: Was.

Cajun Style you add a shot of Worcester sauce, chopped pepperoni, blacken the Andojou Sausage, skip the pork, add shrimp and blackened chicken.

Blue Bayou / French Market Restaurant Jambalaya:

Ingredients

1 lb boneless fresh pork, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
3 T. vegetable oil
1/4 t. black pepper, freshly ground
1/4 t. thyme, dried
1/4 t. garlic powder
1 16-oz. can tomatoes, crushed
4 c. water. I use chicken stock.
1 1/4 c. rice, uncooked. Cal Rose rice take it all to all to a much better level.
2 chicken bouillon cubes
1 1/2 c. onion, diced (sweated)
1 c. celery, diced (sweated)
1 c. green bell pepper, diced
3/4 c. zucchini, diced
1 t. yellow chili pepper
1/4 c. scallions, chopped
1 T. parsley, chopped
1 c. ham, diced
1 c. Polish sausage, cooked & diced
1 c. Italian sausage, cooked & diced
1 c. okra, frozen, cut
1 1/2 c. small shrimp, cooked
1/2 cup Pepperoni chopped.

Directions

In a large saucepan, sauté pork in oil over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add pepper, thyme, garlic powder, and tomatoes. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
Add water, rice, bouillon cubes, onions, celery, green pepper, zucchini, chili peppers, scallions, and parsley. Bring to a boil.
Stir to blend ingredients, cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Stir once or twice and add remaining meat ingredients.
Cook for another 10 minutes and add okra and shrimp.
Heat well and serve hot.
Yield: 6-8 servings

Last edited:
I have better pix I’ll post later.

I took a cooking class some time long ago that was instructed by a Disneyland executive Chef.

He mentioned once Coca Cola pays (or paid at that time) millions to Disneyland to exclusively sell only Coke. On top of that Coke supplied their products free.
On top of that Coke owns Manitowoc Ice Machines and supplied that free too.
That is some serious bank.
Dunno if that is still the case today but still no Pepsi available there.

Speaking of free:
A favorite boutique market here in the West is Trader Joe’s.
A friend builds and owns shopping centers.
He has Two Trader Joe’s markets in his centers he built to Trader Joe’s spex.
I kid you not, on the level, Trader Joe’s pays him no rent what so ever. No upkeep either.
All the other tenants gladly pay extra rent to have a TJs anchoring their business.

I love news stories that question if TJs can survive in this business climate.
They are thriving.

Last edited:
He mentioned once Coca Cola pays millions to Disneyland to exclusively sell only Coke. On top of that Coke supplies their products free.
On top of that Coke owns Manitowoc Ice Machines and supplies that free too.
That is some serious bank.
I'd guess it's worth the advertisement, that the Happiest Place on Earth is at least partly happy because of Coca Cola products. I'd think they could afford to give away products. But, I always think it's funny to see that gazillion dollar corporations still find ways to pinch every penny. Disney could certainly afford to pay Coca Cola. But, at that level, it's all funny money.

Coke pushed Pepsi out.
Pepsi had a savvy presence with character and charm that was upstaging Coke.

Money talks.
I wonder how much?

If ya can’t beat them buy your way in.

We used to have 6 potato chip companies here in the Southwest.
All unique all different flavor.

Pretty much only one left in most areas.
Frito Lay bought out and shut down their competitors.

A best selling book some time ago “In Search of Excellence” mentioned how excellent Frito Lay was with its customer service and treatment of employees.
Good reading how they did it and the great effort they put into it.

We got to chatting with two Frito Lay employees earlier this year and they said that’s all gone now.
No trace of the books story what so ever.

Years ago, Coke had a store in EPCOT in WDW. I don't know if it's still there. The only reason I even knew it was there was that ex-son-in-law worked for Coke at the time and just had to shop in it. Oldest DGD was still very young at the time so it's been a while, as she's 17 now. She sat with me and had a snack while mom and dad shopped.

We've got 3 Disney cookbooks. Two are all WDW (Walt Disney World) in Florida and the other is DL and WDW. They all have some pretty good recipes in them. In fact, we're having a recipe out of 1 of the Florida ones tonight.

Last edited:
My wife and I once were involved in a charity horse show. Raised money for a local no kill animal shelter.

Very successful event.

Coors beer sponsored it but by blue law could not donate free beer.

We were invoiced for the beer. We paid the bill but also received a check from Coors @$200 for every Coors Beer banner we hung.

Smoke and mirrors.

Last edited:
B3D3E21B-4981-47AE-845A-F460DABCAB82.jpeg

Years ago, Coke had a store in EPCOT in WDW. I don't know if it's still there. The only reason I even knew it was there was that ex-son-in-law worked for Coke at the time and just had to shop in it. Oldest DGD was still very young at the time so it's been a while, as she's 17 now. She sat with me and had a snack while mom and dad shopped.

We've got 3 Disney cookbooks. Two are all WDW (Walt Disney World) in Florida and the other is DL and WDW. They all have some pretty good recipes in them. In fact, we're having a recipe out of 1 of the Florida ones tonight.

The kids absolute favorite is the Monte’ Cristo sandwich. $30 at Disneyland.
That’s $120 + tax and drinks for a family of four and guests are lined up to pay it.

I stick exactly to the cookbooks recipe right down to pounding the chicken breasts.

Last edited:
Another favorite is the Disneyland Corn Dog.
It’s the only corn dog I’ll eat but Ive never been able to duplicate it following the recipe.
I’m missin’ Sumthin’.
9F8634D6-96E4-4E07-AEFA-6FF8CC3E17B2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom