Do you eat in the car?

I have to admit the McD burgers were nothing like the parental-made burgers. Maybe they didn't have "special sauce" but they were dang good - it was like two entirely different food items.

You mean dry as dust burgers? That's what "parental-made" burgers were at our house.

CD

Not at my parents' house. McD burgers were dry hockey pucks. The parents formed theirs from ground beef, and they were thick and juicy.
Ours no doubt started out that way, from beef we raised, killed, and butchered ourselves, but Mom cooked everything to death. Super-extra-ultra-well-done was her specialty.

Ours no doubt started out that way, from beef we raised, killed, and butchered ourselves, but Mom cooked everything to death. Super-extra-ultra-well-done was her specialty.

I wonder if our moms are related. :D

My dad did the cooking on the grill (outside). Actually, I should say he made burnt offerings to the gods. Well, not actually burnt, but cooked to the point of sucking all the saliva out of your mouth. What he did to a steak should be a crime worthy of jail time.

To be fair, my parents are better cooks today. My mom steams vegetables to just the right doneness, and I bought my dad a good grill, and a sous vide setup just like mine, and taught him how to use them. His instincts still tell him to do stupid things, but my voice seems to have sunk in.

It's funny how, as kids, our parents tell us, "Do this. Don't do that." Now, I get to tell them the same thing, with the same condescending tone they used. :woot:

CD

Back
Top Bottom