Do you have weird dreams?

Last night’s dream:

I was going by bus to my downtown office, and once I got on the bus, I realized I’d left my laptop at home. I figured it would be ok, because my office has banks of computers for open use, and everything I have is stored on the network, not my actual laptop.

I got off downtown, and the stop was named for a local pub, called The Bench Boy (I have no idea what that means), and everything around it had benches and things like that.

In order to get to my office, I had to go through a station that turned into a shopping district, and along the way, I had to pee, so I ducked into the restroom.

I looked around, and you know those urinal troughs that some places have, like sports arenas? Well, this place had a trough, but it was shaped like a bench.

I looked at it and thought, “There’s only room for two people to pee into that, and I’ll be damned if I’m standing right up against a stranger while we both pee!” - even in my dreams, ever mindful of The Urinal Rules. :laugh:

Then I saw a little further down the wall was a standalone commode, and I thought, “I’ll go pee in that!”

Off I went.

As soon as I got there, undid my trouser top, just got ready to go, a man burst into the bathroom, flew right by the unoccupied pee trough, crashed right into me, and peed right in the commode, and he was so close to me, he was standing on my foot and I couldn’t get away.

The End
Sounds like you needed a pee 😆

The other day I dreamed I was writing with a pen that ran out of ink.

That was it, that was the dream.

I got off downtown, and the stop was named for a local pub, called The Bench Boy (I have no idea what that means), and everything around it had benches and things like that.

That's what they called Johnny Bench* when he was a kid in Little League. "Lookit that Bench boy run!"

CD :D

*I'll let Tasty field the question, "Who's Johnny Bench?" (pardon the pun)

Last edited:
*I'll let Tasty field the question, "Who's Johnny Bench?" (pardon the pun)
Only just arguably the greatest Major League Baseball catcher of all time.

In the same week when I was in 3rd or 4th grade, we had a school visit by Johnny Bench and Medowlark Lemon.

Only just arguably the greatest Major League Baseball catcher of all time.

In the same week when I was in 3rd or 4th grade, we had a school visit by Johnny Bench and Medowlark Lemon.

Is his Home Plate restaurant still around? Probably not.

CD

Yep, when you dream you need to pee, and obstacles get in your way, you wake up needing to get up and go to the bathroom.

CD
It‘s the persistence of the theme in your dream that gives it away, our poor dumb brains are unable to just tell us to “wake up, you need a pee” so instead we have to dream an obstacle course 😆

Last night’s dream:

I was going by bus to my downtown office, and once I got on the bus, I realized I’d left my laptop at home. I figured it would be ok, because my office has banks of computers for open use, and everything I have is stored on the network, not my actual laptop.

In order to get to my office, I had to go through a station that turned into a shopping district, and along the way, I had to pee, so I ducked into the restroom.

I looked around, and you know those urinal troughs that some places have, like sports arenas? Well, this place had a trough, but it was shaped like a bench.

I looked at it and thought, “There’s only room for two people to pee into that, and I’ll be damned if I’m standing right up against a stranger while we both pee!” - even in my dreams, ever mindful of The Urinal Rules. :laugh:

Then I saw a little further down the wall was a standalone commode, and I thought, “I’ll go pee in that!”

Off I went.

As soon as I got there, undid my trouser top, just got ready to go, a man burst into the bathroom, flew right by the unoccupied pee trough, crashed right into me, and peed right in the commode, and he was so close to me, he was standing on my foot and I couldn’t get away.

The End
I'd like to hear what Freud thought of that?

Russ

I have a fear of heights. A few times as I have drifted off to sleep I open my eyes and realise I am on the edge of a cliff and as my eyes open they look upwards and it makes me feel as though I am falling off the edge which makes me Inhale In fear and I wake up. As I drift off I feel as though I am falling off the edge and wake up again.

I have a fear of heights. A few times as I have drifted off to sleep I open my eyes and realise I am on the edge of a cliff and as my eyes open they look upwards and it makes me feel as though I am falling off the edge which makes me Inhale In fear and I wake up. As I drift off I feel as though I am falling off the edge and wake up again.
It's called a hypnic jerk.
It's something to do the paralysing of your muscles as you sleep (which is perfectly normal) but I can't remember the in's and outs of it.
Might be worth looking up.

Not much detail, but last night’s/this morning’s dream:

My sister met a guy she liked, and they started dating, and she was excited when they finally reached the point where he could spend the night and she could spoil him with a giant breakfast the next morning (she loves to cook for people).

But then everyone around her, friends and family and strangers, all called her all sorts of unpleasant names, said she was going to hell, and all that kind of stuff.

Here’s the weird part: in the dream, she talked to me about it and said, “…so I guess we’re not doing that.” and she was very sad about it.

Turns out, what everyone was so upset about wasn’t the spending the night aspect, but the big homemade breakfast! :laugh: 🤷‍♂️

In the dream, just before I woke up, I put a big picnic hamper filled with freshly-cooked breakfast items on her porch, rang the doorbell, and ran away. :laugh:

Not much detail, but last night’s/this morning’s dream:

My sister met a guy she liked, and they started dating, and she was excited when they finally reached the point where he could spend the night and she could spoil him with a giant breakfast the next morning (she loves to cook for people).

But then everyone around her, friends and family and strangers, all called her all sorts of unpleasant names, said she was going to hell, and all that kind of stuff.

Here’s the weird part: in the dream, she talked to me about it and said, “…so I guess we’re not doing that.” and she was very sad about it.

Turns out, what everyone was so upset about wasn’t the spending the night aspect, but the big homemade breakfast! :laugh: 🤷‍♂️

In the dream, just before I woke up, I put a big picnic hamper filled with freshly-cooked breakfast items on her porch, rang the doorbell, and ran away. :laugh:
Paging Dr Freud 😆

I'm wondering if this thread should be called 'Does Anyone Have Normal Dreams?'
That would likely narrow things down a bit 😆
I’m just glad there isn’t one titled, “Do you have really, really weird dreams?” because there’s a lot I leave out now that I’d feel compelled to share! :eek: :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom