Do you have weird dreams?

Weird dream time, and a couple of CBers showed up in it!

The dream started out with me driving a car madly through a very busy city. The fun/strange thing was…the city was like something out of Dr. Seuss or MarioKart, because it was very bright almost animated - all the lights atop the light poles, for example, rotated round and round, and the highways curled up, over, between themselves. Signs flashed everywhere and buildings changed colors.

In the car with me were caseydog and LissaC - but the funny thing was, it was just their CB avatar pictures. They were alive, but to look at them…just their avatars - big square one-dimensional images.

There was also a woman who looked like Marie Antoinette, but was not Marie Antoinette. I don’t know what she was doing there, because she never spoke or interacted with anyone at all.

For some reason, we were trying to get to the hospital, and just like MarioKart, there were all these obstacles that kept popping up - a lane would just end with a huge concrete pole at the end of it, and I’d have to quick dodge to another lane.

At one point I said, “Look for an H in the road, because that’s the lane we need to get to the hospital!”

That went on for a bit, then I was suddenly by myself in one of those underground passages you see in movies, like an underground access corridor to a secret government lab or something like that.

I had a supermarket cart I was pushing, but it was outfitted with some kind of gun, and I crept along and crept along, not really knowing where I was going with it, when the whole contraption suddenly fell apart into pieces.

I snuck along the corridor, which was now rapidly filling with people coming the opposite way. Groups of people, like little schoolgirls in sailor outfits, soldiers, a whole formation of businessmen…no one paid me any attention, and then there was a hedge, but it was like a fake hedge, made of ribbons and long strands of videotape and plastic, and I pushed through that, and popped out right in the middle of a hugely busy city square, all lit up with crazy billboards and things. It looked a lot like what pictures and movies of Tokyo looks like.

And that was it. Dream done. 🤷‍♂️

Weird dream time, and a couple of CBers showed up in it!

The dream started out with me driving a car madly through a very busy city. The fun/strange thing was…the city was like something out of Dr. Seuss or MarioKart, because it was very bright almost animated - all the lights atop the light poles, for example, rotated round and round, and the highways curled up, over, between themselves. Signs flashed everywhere and buildings changed colors.

In the car with me were caseydog and LissaC - but the funny thing was, it was just their CB avatar pictures. They were alive, but to look at them…just their avatars - big square one-dimensional images.

There was also a woman who looked like Marie Antoinette, but was not Marie Antoinette. I don’t know what she was doing there, because she never spoke or interacted with anyone at all.

For some reason, we were trying to get to the hospital, and just like MarioKart, there were all these obstacles that kept popping up - a lane would just end with a huge concrete pole at the end of it, and I’d have to quick dodge to another lane.

At one point I said, “Look for an H in the road, because that’s the lane we need to get to the hospital!”

That went on for a bit, then I was suddenly by myself in one of those underground passages you see in movies, like an underground access corridor to a secret government lab or something like that.

I had a supermarket cart I was pushing, but it was outfitted with some kind of gun, and I crept along and crept along, not really knowing where I was going with it, when the whole contraption suddenly fell apart into pieces.

I snuck along the corridor, which was now rapidly filling with people coming the opposite way. Groups of people, like little schoolgirls in sailor outfits, soldiers, a whole formation of businessmen…no one paid me any attention, and then there was a hedge, but it was like a fake hedge, made of ribbons and long strands of videotape and plastic, and I pushed through that, and popped out right in the middle of a hugely busy city square, all lit up with crazy billboards and things. It looked a lot like what pictures and movies of Tokyo looks like.

And that was it. Dream done. 🤷‍♂️
That's some weird dreams you are having! At least I hope I was riding on the front passenger seat because I get car sick! 😂

I had my zombie dream agin last night. It's only happened a couple of times.

I don't know that "zombie" is the right term, but I know almost nothing about zombies. You get even scratched by one of the ones in my dream, and you become one. They live in one particularly, always dark part of a city. Normal people just stay away. They can die, and there are good and evil ones. There are also "super-zombies" with special powers. In my dream, a super-zombie saves my life, and puts a mark on me that tells other zombies to not mess with me.

Tasty would probably love having that dream, given his taste in movies. :laugh:

Tasty would probably love having that dream, given his taste in movies. :laugh:
Believe it or not, no. There are certain subjects, even within genres that I love, that I won’t watch.

Zombies (and the associated voodoo), I don’t want to see those. There are exceptions, of course, as The Omega Man with Charleton Heston is a fine movie, indeed.

The Wild West…don’t care for that. Don’t like anything in the desert or the jungle as well (which probably explains why I never bothered to watch those Indiana Jones movies). Mummies…that’s got a desert connection, and mummies are just bandaged-up zombies, really, so no to the mummies.

Werewolves - I can take or leave that. I would like werewolves more if they retained their human qualities and walked and talked while in animal form.

Believe it or not, no. There are certain subjects, even within genres that I love, that I won’t watch.

Zombies (and the associated voodoo), I don’t want to see those. There are exceptions, of course, as The Omega Man with Charleton Heston is a fine movie, indeed.

The Wild West…don’t care for that. Don’t like anything in the desert or the jungle as well (which probably explains why I never bothered to watch those Indiana Jones movies). Mummies…that’s got a desert connection, and mummies are just bandaged-up zombies, really, so no to the mummies.

Werewolves - I can take or leave that. I would like werewolves more if they retained their human qualities and walked and talked while in animal form.

1689287959664.png

CD :laugh:

Yesterday, I had to reschedule my August haircut-and-neck-massage appointment, which probably accounts for last night’s dream.

In my dream, I went to the salon, checked in, and waited in the clients’ area, where there’re refreshments and TV.

I waited, and waited, and waited some more, but my stylist never came out to fetch me, so I decided to navigate the maze of stylists rooms in the salon itself to find her.

I went through to the back, and it was a crazy hubbub of activity, people riding bikes, there was a juggler walking around, and it was very noisy.

I looked and looked, couldn’t find my stylist, and by now, it’s maybe a half-hour past my scheduled time.

I found a place to sit down and figured maybe she’d find me back there and waited some more.

Finally, I got back up and found another worker there and asked again about my stylist, and she said, “She doesn’t work in this part of the salon any longer, she’s in T1.”

Then I remembered that the exact same thing happened to me the previous month, so off I headed to T1.

T1 looked like a big luxury hotel lobby, and I couldn’t find any kind of map or directory to where the shops and services would be, and I ended up sitting in a movie playing.

During the movie, I asked the fellows on either side of me if they knew where the salon might be, and being tourists, they both produced one of those little cartoon-looking maps you sometimes get at an amusement park or other attraction, but none of us could find the salon, and I was very concerned that my stylist would be angry with me for missing my appointment.

The fellow behind us yelled at me for disrupting the movie, so I went outside and finally admitted defeat, so I texted my stylist and apologized, and she texted back and said it was fine, that I could stop in anytime and didn’t need an appointment.

A dream I remembered this morning. Rewind my life to working for a dutchman. 35 plus? Years ago. I was using a metal cutter that had $120 blades on. You would very occasionally snap a blade. Like maybe 1 year.
So the blade I was using got caught and snapped. I went to shed and got another 1. I out that on and bang, it snapped again.so I put the lady one back on. You guessed it I snapped it again. Then I had to go to the boss and try to explain the unexplainable.
The dream faded out on the walk over to the boss.

Russ

Last night my dream: I was watching TV and it was at a really important part that I didn't want to miss, so I shushed people when they turned up and made noise. Didn't see the end as I had dropped something on the carpet, went into the kitchen for a damp cloth but was shooed out because the lady was serving the food and needed space. I started to put place mats on the table but hot dishes were already on there and people sat at the table so was trying to work around everyone sat at the table, the cutlery I put out was dirty, had beef stew gravy and peas on it..I woke up feeling very confused.

Not much in the way of detail, but last night, I dreamed there was a small black bear causing havoc outside the house - being playful more than dangerous, though he did bite my hand.

Had a pretty short dream about how somebody broke my santoku kitchen knife. Part of the dream was, how I criticized myself for being disappointed about such a minor accident while people around the world starve to death etc.

Last night my dream: I was watching TV and it was at a really important part that I didn't want to miss, so I shushed people when they turned up and made noise. Didn't see the end as I had dropped something on the carpet, went into the kitchen for a damp cloth but was shooed out because the lady was serving the food and needed space. I started to put place mats on the table but hot dishes were already on there and people sat at the table so was trying to work around everyone sat at the table, the cutlery I put out was dirty, had beef stew gravy and peas on it..I woke up feeling very confused.

Food related here as well. I had served up jontys entree for his birthday choice. ( its actually next week)
Samosas and bhajees but I couldn't remember or find rhaita or tamarind. I knew there was going to be a riot if I didnt find it , then i woke up.

Russ

Last night’s dream:

I was going by bus to my downtown office, and once I got on the bus, I realized I’d left my laptop at home. I figured it would be ok, because my office has banks of computers for open use, and everything I have is stored on the network, not my actual laptop.

I got off downtown, and the stop was named for a local pub, called The Bench Boy (I have no idea what that means), and everything around it had benches and things like that.

In order to get to my office, I had to go through a station that turned into a shopping district, and along the way, I had to pee, so I ducked into the restroom.

I looked around, and you know those urinal troughs that some places have, like sports arenas? Well, this place had a trough, but it was shaped like a bench.

I looked at it and thought, “There’s only room for two people to pee into that, and I’ll be damned if I’m standing right up against a stranger while we both pee!” - even in my dreams, ever mindful of The Urinal Rules. :laugh:

Then I saw a little further down the wall was a standalone commode, and I thought, “I’ll go pee in that!”

Off I went.

As soon as I got there, undid my trouser top, just got ready to go, a man burst into the bathroom, flew right by the unoccupied pee trough, crashed right into me, and peed right in the commode, and he was so close to me, he was standing on my foot and I couldn’t get away.

The End

Back
Top Bottom