Do you have weird dreams?

Dreamt last night that we were looking at a house to buy, and we found a huge one on a beautiful piece of land that looked like a forested park.

Going through the house, though, we realized that we’d be moving in with the current owners and co-owning it.

In the dream, that didn’t seem to be a stumbling block until I realized there was only one kitchen, and then I said, “No! I’m not sharing the kitchen!” - and that was that. :laugh:

Last night’s (or possibly this morning’s) dream:

My wife and I were driving around, and I was drinking a beer and had put the beer can (a Genesee Cream Ale!) in one of those old-style plastic beer holders that hang from the car’s inside door panel.

We came upon a checkpoint. Not a DUI checkpoint, just some kind of generic checkpoint. As the official approached, I rolled down the window and moved my hand to try and hide the beer can.

Try as I might, I couldn’t stop my hand from moving, and every time it did, that beer can made a loud “empty can” noise.

No matter, the checkpoint guy cleared me to leave, and we pulled away quickly, before he changed his mind.

As I was pulling away, he started chasing me and waving his arms, and I thought, “Well, crap!” - turned out, he hadn’t cleared us to leave, but to go to the next checkpoint stop. 🤷🏻

As we waited, another fellow came out of a building, with a clipboard, and walked slowly to the car. The first guy explained that the second guy was going to perform a thorough vehicle search.

Just before he approached, a woman with two kids and a dog dashed up to the car, flung open the door, and the dog jumped in.

“Oh, sorry, I just bought a new car and thought this was it. I haven’t had time to remember what it looks like.”

Then I woke up.

My dream this morning involved some of the cast from Stargate, a factory and some spies (think I was one) but as I dreamt I was aware of being in bed, feeling the duvet and pillow, TVC beside me, I heard him breathing yet I was still dreaming :unsure:

Dream from last night (probably brought on by being in the office for one day):

I was chatting with my coworkers via our company groupware, which supports using “@<name>” to highlight/tag someone, but in my dream, you had to use that, with the name, every single time you sent something. Every time.

During this chat, everyone was saying how busy they were, and I LOL’d them and said it was too bad for them, because I didn’t have anything to do and I was planning on screwing off all day.

Someone wrote back and said something like, “It’s lucky it’s just us and the manager isn’t on this chat, or you’d find yourself loaded down with work!”

I replied with some kind of smartass remark about my boss, but it was so rude and funny it caused me to enter “@“ but no names, which, in the software of my dream, meant that my chat went out to the whole company…tens of thousands of people.

I shouted, “Crap! I just sent that to everyone in the whole company, I gonna get fired!”

Then one of my coworkers told me, “It’s not just that. When you use “@“ with no names, it dumps your whole chat history, everything you’ve ever said, out and sends that to everyone.”

Sure enough, l looked at my screen, and every off-color, catty, insulting thing I’d ever said was flying by: “Katherine is soooo fat!…Is anybody dumber than Tom?…Wow, did you see Becky’s butt in that skirt?…”

One after another, just scrolling by, like a company roll call.

The funny part, though, was in the dream, I was really panicking, but then Dream Tasty thought to himself, “Wait a minute…did this really just happen, or are you just dreaming? <Pause> Right, you’re dreaming. Forget it already. Nothing to worry about.”

All the time! By the time I wake up fully, they are a faint memory.

Dreamt last night that I was staying in some castle/hotel place, presumably in the UK, and I was walking around the grounds when I spotted QE2 walking her dogs. In the dream, she lived in the castle.

Crafty me, I walked over and pretended I didn’t know who she was, which was believable, I felt, due to being American.

We chatted, and I asked all her dogs’ names, and I knew she liked chocolate a lot, so I gave her some chocolate I had, and kept saying things like, “I can’t imagine what it would be like living in a place like this!” and “How many people do you think it takes to mow the lawn here?”

At some point, she figured out I knew who she was, and she was so delighted at my ruse that she invited me to afternoon tea, and she also said I could have any one thing in her power to grant.

Knowing how much she loved her dogs, I suavely told her I’d already gotten the best wish-come-true, playing with her dogs, and she gave me a second wish on top of the first one, and for my first wish, I asked to have a chair placed in the corner of the castle kitchen, so I could watch all the kitchen staff work.

That was done, and one of the cooks asked me if I wanted a cup of tea, and I said I didn’t want to interrupt his work, and he said, “Suit yourself, but it was already made,” and he produced a cup of tea from behind his back and downed it in one gulp.

That was it. I don’t know whatever happened to my second wish.

I haven't been sleeping well for the last few weeks due to having a very mild case of shingles, taking a medication for the pain due to shingles that is supposed to help me sleep as well, plus some household issues we are having within the past week that are hopefully pretty much solved as of today. Suffice it to say, the dreams I have been having are pretty bizarre and let's leave it at that.

I haven't been sleeping well for the last few weeks due to having a very mild case of shingles, taking a medication for the pain due to shingles that is supposed to help me sleep as well, plus some household issues we are having within the past week that are hopefully pretty much solved as of today. Suffice it to say, the dreams I have been having are pretty bizarre and let's leave it at that.
I just wish I could get as far as dreaming.
My sleep is so interrupted by pain in usually lucky to get 2 uninterrupted hours sleep. I guess the next few months won't get any better. I sleep less well on strong painkillers.

Hope things improve for you soon.

Not a dream as such, but last night, I went to bed at 10:30PM. I’ve been staying up later and later, and I think it’s really messing up my sleep, so I’m trying to get back to going to bed at my usual 10PM.

MrsT’s body clock is all off from her Alaska trip, so she stayed up, with some dim lighting on in the living room, and that was it.

I usually close the door when I go to bed first, but for whatever reason, I forgot and left it open.

I don’t know the time, probably 11:30PM or so, but I was woken up by this strange sound, and I looked at the doorway, saw the muted lighting down the hall, and in my groggy state, I thought, “Crap! There’s somebody in the house.”

Still half asleep, I climbed out of bed and crept/tiptoed down the hall, moving closer and closer to the noise…but then the noise got more and more faint as I entered the living room.

Keep in mind, I couldn’t see 💩 because I’d left my glasses in the bedroom.

I continued slowly making my way around the living room…into the kitchen…the bar…back to the living room, and always this tinkly-tink noise going on, like a child’s piano, but I could never find it.

Another thing to keep in mind…I’m butt-bare naked, which is how you always want to approach potential ax murderers.

Anyway, around and around I went, stealthy like in a Scooby-Doo cartoon apparently, and after maybe the third time, I finally heard a voice, from the dark of the hallway:

“Jesus! What in the hell are you doing? You look like an idiot creeping around like that! Naked, too! 😆 😆 😆

Seems what happened was, MrsT was playing a game on her phone when she went to use the hallway bathroom, leaving the light off but the door open. The initial sound I heard that woke me up was from the game she was playing.

I’d walked right past her and the bathroom (in the dark), but still heard the game going as I walked around and around in a circle, from the living room to the kitchen to the pub to the living room, in my birthday suit and blind as a post.

Not a dream as such, but last night, I went to bed at 10:30PM. I’ve been staying up later and later, and I think it’s really messing up my sleep, so I’m trying to get back to going to bed at my usual 10PM.

MrsT’s body clock is all off from her Alaska trip, so she stayed up, with some dim lighting on in the living room, and that was it.

I usually close the door when I go to bed first, but for whatever reason, I forgot and left it open.

I don’t know the time, probably 11:30PM or so, but I was woken up by this strange sound, and I looked at the doorway, saw the muted lighting down the hall, and in my groggy state, I thought, “Crap! There’s somebody in the house.”

Still half asleep, I climbed out of bed and crept/tiptoed down the hall, moving closer and closer to the noise…but then the noise got more and more faint as I entered the living room.

I continued slowly making my way around the living room…into the kitchen…the bar…back to the living room, and always this tinkly-tink noise going on, like a child’s piano, but I could never find it.

Another thing to keep in mind…I’m butt-bare naked, which is how you always want to approach potential ax murderers.

Anyway, around and around I went, stealthy like in a Scooby-Doo cartoon apparently, and after maybe the third time, I finally heard a voice, from the dark of the hallway:

“Jesus! What in the hell are you doing? You look like an idiot creeping around like that! Naked, too! 😆 😆 😆

Seems what happened was, MrsT was playing a game on her phone when she went to use the hallway bathroom, leaving the light off but the door open. The initial sound I heard that woke me up was from the game she was playing.

I’d walked right past her and the bathroom (in the dark), but still heard the game going as I walked around and around in a circle, from the living room to the kitchen to the pub to the living room, in my birthday suit and blind as a post.

I'll have to get that mental image out of my head, or I won't sleep tonight. :eek:

CD

I do know someone whose husband went out in the middle of the night to save their chickens from a fox. He grabbed a spade from the shed on the way out.
Having seen off the fox he came back into the house to be confronted by his wife laughing get head off. Only then did he realise that he too, was in his birthday suit!

And they lived in the middle of a town with neighbours close enough to witness everything.

Back
Top Bottom