Do you have weird dreams?

Last night, I dreamed I was riding a bicycle around Banbury, during Christmastime and it was very rainy.

The weird thing was, I rode this bike everywhere, inside and out. I went in a shopping arcade with it, up some stairs to some offices to visit people, where I met a nice young lady who later appeared in the Christmas beauty pageant and shocked everyone with how such an ugly duckling became a beautiful swan, once she fixed her hair and did her face up a little.

Hmmm... now you know the nursery rhyme don't you? And you do know what you are supposed to be riding and what that means?

Last night, I dreamed I was in a huge church. I had just arrived, and I was wearing a heavy winter coat. Not a dressy winter coat: it was a sort of coat that would keep you warm if you were in the Arctic Circle. I quickly took my silly looking coat off, and realized I had decided to wear a Detroit Pistons sleeveless basketball shirt instead of a button up shirt and tie.

I realized I had to leave to change my shirt. But, just then, someone decided to sit next to me. It was Larry David, the creator of Seinfeld. He looked over at me and said, “hey, nice shirt.” I told him I had to get going to change my shirt. He told me not to go through the main entrance, because they were about to have a ceremony out there. I told him I would be quick.

I ended up walking to a place I didn’t recognize, but that I knew to be my neighborhood, and saw a 1990 vintage computer sitting in the street. I decided I needed to grab the keyboard and monitor for some reason.

I got back to my place, and my roommate (who I don’t know in real life) said, “hey, nice shirt.”

I woke up, and soon heard the theme song of Larry David‘s new show, “Curb Your Enthusiasm”, playing.

Hmmm... now you know the nursery rhyme don't you? And you do know what you are supposed to be riding and what that means?
I was on a bicycle, I tell you! A bicycle! :laugh:

Yes, I know the rhyme, and there are probably a lot of interpretations, but the only one I know is that it secretly refers to Lady Godiva and her bareback ride through Coventry, though that seems too easy and a stretch.

I can think of a lot of my own interpretations, but this is a family forum. :laugh:

I am so pleased that I tend to sleep on my left side or front mostly, facing away from Mrs Wysh.
I had a dream recently where I was helping some kids escape from some evil people.
We were running across this dark field and I saw one of the kids stray too close to one of the evil people. This evil person had some sort of cage/claw contraption that they were going to use to catch the people I was trying to help.
So I charged over and just before the claws could close I pushed my hands out as hard and fast as I could.

Next thing I know I'm awake and my hands are hurting quite a lot. Our bedroom cupboards form an arch over the top and side of the bed and I'd smashed my hands into the cupboards..
If I'd been facing the other way I'd have smashed my hands into Mrs Wysh...

My previous dog slept on her side, and when she had dreams, I could tell if she was running in her dream, as her legs would be moving in a running manner while asleep. :laugh:

CD

Great white sharks circled off the beach in deep water and surfers paddled out to catch their waves. And the sharks attacked. And the weird part? Five or six kids on a living room couch suddenly bounced up and down at the spectacle on their TV, each giving a thumbs up to the sharks.

Then I woke up.

Very short dream while slowly waking up this morning.

While gently rising through the layers of imagination on my way to consciousness, I had a 30-second-or-so dream that Jimmy Fallon had died of an overdose.

That was it, but it was realistic enough that I checked my phone after I’d fully awoken.

Now, I don’t watch The Tonight Show, am not particularly a fan of Jimmy Fallon, nor do I wish him ill, so I have no idea how he popped into my sleepy time. 🤷🏻

…and another one, roughly the same time early this morning:

I was going to work, riding a bicycle for some reason, right down the interstate/motorway, and in the rain.

I got to work and needed to change my clothes, and was pleased to see my favorite coworker had done all my laundry for me, so I had all fresh clothes, and when I got there, I found we’d all been given the day off and we’re being treated to a special lunch. 🤷🏻

Had lots of weird action movie like dreams from my older circle of friends. Had to leave em in RL, because I wanted to change myself. In the dreams I'm either running away from them, or we're fighting each other. The dreams are coming every few weeks or months and I don't know what's the message yet or what is causing them.

Back
Top Bottom