Do you have weird dreams?

My dreams frequently relate to my current read. I recently read THE WARSAW ORPHAN. Last night I dreamed that I was walking through a war ravaged city, bombs dropping all around me. I was walking hand in hand with a young child toward a spot of clear sky.
When under stress I have had night terrors. My Dad Died in '08 by his own hand with the help of a '38 revolver. G said I cried and screamed and raged every night for two weeks.
G had open heart surgery in '08 at Baylor Grapevine, Tx. We had a 2 bed hotel room for me to stay in and for G's son. Stepson spent three nights and said I woke him every night screaming HELP ME.
My nephew was killed in a car crash. G said I cried in my sleep and cried out STOP, STOP, STOP.
G sleeps like a dead man. Flat on his back with his hands crossed on his chest. I wake frequently during the night and toss and turn. G does not move. I envy his deep sleep. Occasionally he will moan in his sleep. I roll over and gently touch him and tell him that it is OK, I am there, he is OK. That always seems to soothe him.
I do wake during the night knowing that I am dreaming but forget the dream in the morning. Maybe I should keep a note pad handy to record my dreams. Ha Ha. Not going to happen. I just want to get back to sleep.

I find that dreams are often related to anxiety about something, but the dream itself often has nothing to do with what I’m worried about. I realize why I am having them on vacation: there are activities that leave at a certain time, and subconsciously I am concerned about missing the shuttle or not waking up in time, and it plays out in weird ways when I am asleep.

Last night, I had one of the more common types of dreams: I had a report that was due the next day, but I didn’t know the subject, and never mind that I am not enrolled in school now.

As I tried to remember what the class was about, I tried to find materials to use to write the report. My first choice was a ripped up piece of paper. I started writing on the paper, then realized I didn’t have quite enough room for a good report. Next, I tried a spiral notebook, which seemed perfect. But, every sheet was soaked through with motor oil. I was perturbed that I had to resort to clean white sheets of paper, and type it on a computer. I really wanted to hand write it for some reason.

The other thing about my effort to write this report on a topic I couldn’t remember was that I was in this massive conference room. There were mostly disassembled tables and only a few chairs.

And, for some reason, my effort to write the report was tied in with organizing my wife’s shoes. While I was still concerned about having to write the report, I realize one silver lining: at last, there was an area big enough to fit all my wife’s shoes.

Last edited:
Last night, I dreamed I was watching one of those "Funniest TV Ads From Around The World" shows. I don't know if they show those in other countries, but they show them here, especially around Christmas. Part of the fun is, of course, seeing what other cultures find funny.

While watching this show, an ad came on, and I don't know what country it was from, but it was an ad for a bra. An amply-endowed middle-aged woman sat down at a restaurant, ordered a plate of food, then effortlessly undid her bra (from the front, which seemed to be the selling point), and her boobs popped out...and started eating the food. 🤷🏻‍♂️

They didn't have faces, just mouths with sort of jagged teeth, almost comical, like a Muppet, but they were flesh. The whole ad was this woman going to various places and ordering food, undoing her bra, and feeding her boobs.

Last night, I dreamed I was watching one of those "Funniest TV Ads From Around The World" shows. I don't know if they show those in other countries, but they show them here, especially around Christmas. Part of the fun is, of course, seeing what other cultures find funny.

While watching this show, an ad came on, and I don't know what country it was from, but it was an ad for a bra. An amply-endowed middle-aged woman sat down at a restaurant, ordered a plate of food, then effortlessly undid her bra (from the front, which seemed to be the selling point), and her boobs popped out...and started eating the food. 🤷🏻‍♂️

They didn't have faces, just mouths with sort of jagged teeth, almost comical, like a Muppet, but they were flesh. The whole ad was this woman going to various places and ordering food, undoing her bra, and feeding her boobs.

Any idea of what product was being advertised? Sometimes, the punchline of a commercial is unrelated to what you see on the screen. That could have ended with a voiceover saying, "The deadline is approaching. Don't forget to file your taxes!"

Any idea of what product was being advertised? Sometimes, the punchline of a commercial is unrelated to what you see on the screen. That could have ended with a voiceover saying, "The deadline is approaching. Don't forget to file your taxes!"
The feeling was they were advertising the bra and the ease with which it could be removed.

Had a dream where I walk into a strange room and one of my wife’s sisters is sitting on the end of the bed. Nude. But sitting so I can only see she is nude but not seeing anything. She acts casual. It is just me walking in. Her sitting there and no reaction. Odd thing is I’m not attracted to her. In fact I really don’t care for her much. Out of her five sisters she is my least favorite. It just bothered me that of all the women to walk in on when they are nude, why her ?? I could think of hundreds of others I’d be ok with and not include her.

Athens is 7 hours later than home for me, and I have had many strange and exciting dreams:

• The first night, I dreamed I was at home telling my children about the wonderful meal we had and the cats begging for food. As I was telling them, I thought to myself, “Why am I telling them about this when I’m still in Greece? :laugh:
  • I have a realistic zombie fighting game on my phone, which for some reason I’ve been playing before bedtime. Naturally, I have found myself fighting zombies. Fortunately, me and the group of fellow survivors were well-armed.
  • My dream last night might have been the best so far. Through some convoluted reasoning, I figured out that the earth was about to be visited by some powerful beings (aliens? Time travelers? Maybe Greek gods??) I’m not sure if I figured out that they were a threat or not. I just woke up from that one. :laugh:

i’m not sure if I’m having more fun awake or asleep in Athens. LOL

Last edited:
As I've already said, I rarely remember individual dreams more than 15 minutes after I wake up. I do remember themes.

I have a new theme that has emerged over the last six months. The dreams are non specific, but at some time during them, I realize that the liquor stores are going to close soon, and I need to go get some vodka. Always vodka. Things then get in my way, and I never make it to the store.

Weird.

CD

As I've already said, I rarely remember individual dreams more than 15 minutes after I wake up. I do remember themes.

I have a new theme that has emerged over the last six months. The dreams are non specific, but at some time during them, I realize that the liquor stores are going to close soon, and I need to go get some vodka. Always vodka. Things then get in my way, and I never make it to the store.

Weird.

CD
I shouldn’t laugh about this…it’s clearly a nightmare!

Weird.

CD

Did you used to like vodka when you were a drinker?

Back
Top Bottom