Do you prefer dark chocolate or milk chocolate?

Do you prefer dark chocolate or milk chocolate?

• Total voters

smlewis00

Veteran
Local time
2:06 PM
Which do you prefer, dark chocolate or milk chocolate? Does it make a difference when you are baking or cooking? When you reach for a chocolate bar, do you reach for dark chocolate or milk chocolate? Do you find one being easier to bake with than the other?
I love that dark chocolate has antioxidants, however I love the creamy taste of milk chocolate. I would say 7 times out of 10 I reach for milk chocolate.
What about you?

As much as they say dark chocolate is so much better for your health, to me it's not like regular milk chocolate. There is something about milk chocolate that makes me happy that does not happen with dark chocolate. Also, dark chocolate is too strong.

I'm not the biggest chocolate fan but usually milk chocolate. I very rarely eat normal chocolate though, I prefer to buy one with a flavour such as orange or mint.

I love dark, milk and white chocolate. In other words, I like most chocolate. I try to mostly eat dark chocolate because of the health benefits. I also like really strong flavors. Therefore, I usually like to bake with dark chocolate as well so the results aren't overly sweet. Nonetheless, I love milk and white chocolate as well. I love chocolate with nuts, dried fruit, toffee, coconut, sea salt, cayenne pepper, etc.

I love dark chocolate. Milk chocolate is much too sweet for me. It also has milk which may cause me problems. I don't bake with chocolate. My favorite treat are dark chocolate almond clusters.

Oh, dark chocolate every time. I used to love it even before they discovered the health benefits. However, I have to say that I don't really eat a lot of chocolate at all, and I certainly never bake with it. I don't have a very sweet tooth, but I love a little dark chocolate every now and again.

I definitely like milk chocolate better UNLESS there is mint involved..in that case I like my chocolate dark!

I much prefer/love milk chocolate whether it's eating it plain, for baking, or for beverages. I cannot stand dark chocolate - it tastes way too bitter. My boyfriend likes dark chocolate, though, so I *do* buy it in order to give it to him.

Personally, I prefer milk chocolate. I find it yummier, creamier, and I pretty much love the taste of anything with milk.

I try to eat dark chocolate as an alternative since it’s actually good for the body, yet most of the time, the bitterness overpowers its sweetness. Chocolate for me should always be sweet, and that’s ironic for me to say since I’m undergoing my journey towards healthy living and I should lessen my sugar intake. So to summarize my post, I’d definitely go for milk chocolate!

I think that dark chocolate is an aquired taste, I do enjoy it on occasion but milk chocolate is the mainstay when it comes to chocolate.

I'd almost always pick milk chocolate over dark, although it is still good to eat to break the routine sometimes. I just prefer milk chocolates because they are much more full in flavor, as I like the sweetness and silkiness of it as opposed to dark chocolate which I see as only being bitter for the most part. It's good as a palette cleanser from time to time, but as a dessert, I prefer something sweet.

I prefer chocolate, period. But I'm definitely more of a dark chocolate fan. There's just something I love about the bitterness of it. It counteracts the sweetness in a really lovely way. Through some raspberry into the mix and I'm sold!

Back
Top Bottom