Do you steam food?

I’ve seen one of those before. You’ll have to let us know how you like it.
It's very similar to the one I use the most. My husband often uses the metal flower bud type one we have, but I prefer the other one we have which is similar to the one above. You can also use it as a 3rd layer and boil stuff in the steaming water itself as well

Veggies, such as broccoli, spinach, carrots & green beans. :whistling:
Well, I don't like cooked carrots unless they are cooked to Hades and back in a soup or stew, LOL. If they taste like carrots I won't eat them (I like carrots raw though). And as far as the spinach goes, I like it lightly sauteed in olive oil with a little butter and salt, maybe some garlic, no point in steaming it...broccoli I like with cheese sauce so I normally just give it a quick nuke and stir it into the cheese, and green beans are okay in soup, I suppose, so no need to steam them either. I have had green beans cooked with bacon before that I liked okay.

img_1132-jpg.jpg

I made Steak and Mushroom Dim Sum: the unusual coloring is due to me making my own wrappers, and blending Chinese 5 Spice seasoning into the dough. These were steamed.

I do steam vegetables when making a meal, if I want to quickly add a healthy side. And, at least once, I used the steamer when I forgot to add an ingredient to a stew. This allowed the forgotten vegetables to "catch up" to the others that had been cooking in the pot or slow cooker.

And, I have an egg steamer that I just used to hard boil a few eggs. This is so easy to use that I never boil eggs on a stove anymore. Besides idiot-proofing (the egg steamer shuts off automatically, unlike my stove), it uses considerably less water than a pot full enough to cover the eggs.

Nd9GcRF4PIGS-HExlhwV7xoWEIaD0MMaFMgOOWsKA&usqp=CAU.jpg

Besides idiot-proofing (the egg steamer shuts off automatically, unlike my stove), it uses considerably less water than a pot full enough to cover the eggs
You can actually steam soft and hard boiled eggs in an ordinary steamer as well. They do take longer though.

That´s the same sort of steamer we´ve got, Lissa. They´re great.
Sometimes I put a lettuce leaf or two on the bottom if I´m doing something like dim sum/gyoza - just stops them getting soaked.
Thank you, I think I've read that tip somewhere. For now I'll start by steaming vegetables since I'm trying to eat more veggies and steaming seems like an easy way to cook them that also allows me to save water. I'll probably try steaming fish too at some point.

I usually steam dim sum, fish, shrimps, chicken
reheat the rice sometimes with steaming as it can keep the moisture in the food

I use convection steam oven, sometimes with rice cooker also
1664989848208.png

Back
Top Bottom