Do you trim the excess chicken skin before frying chicken thighs?

And the tea was this light tan color that you could easily see through, I couldn't even taste tea flavor. If you put lemon in it it tasted like lemon water. My SE Texas grandmother made it thick and dark, and very sweet and that's the way I like it!
…which leads to Tasty’s Rules for Tea #53:

“If I can see through, you need to re-brew it!”

The association of deep fat frying and calories is a turn off for a lot and many people cringe at the idea, it's a head game mostly, but not for me. :D
I love heavy cream, butter, fried foods, cheese...calories are not scary at all for me.

I had a friend in Florida who would buy fat-free cheese. It was like plastic only it wouldn't melt. She would offer me a sandwich and I would always skip the cheese. She gave her kids skim milk, too. Yuck. I don't even like 2%. It's whole milk or nothing, though I rarely consume milk. About twice a year I might have a bowl of cereal and I have to have whole milk with it.

A Korean fried chicken place opened in Columbus. I tried their normal chicken and it was good. I'm planning to get their snow chicken tomorrow - covered in onions and white sauce

KFC (Korean Fried Chicken) is really, really good.
I used to eat a lot of chicken, but just sort of went off it, for no particular reason.
I did, however, try my friend´s Korean Fried Chicken and it´s just incredible.

And I should add that fried food is my favourite. I just love deep-fried. Since I never have to count calories or worry about cholesterol or high blood pressure, just bring it on!

My oh my, I've never fried a chicken thigh! Well I might have pan fried them to brown the skin if using in a casserole. But I've never made or eaten a fried chicken thigh as such.

My favorite piece! I ask for thighs and legs when I order fried chicken. So tender and juicy, and dark meat has a little more inter-muscular fat, so more flavor.

CD

I love heavy cream, butter, fried foods, cheese...calories are not scary at all for me.

I had a friend in Florida who would buy fat-free cheese. It was like plastic only it wouldn't melt. She would offer me a sandwich and I would always skip the cheese. She gave her kids skim milk, too. Yuck. I don't even like 2%. It's whole milk or nothing, though I rarely consume milk. About twice a year I might have a bowl of cereal and I have to have whole milk with it.
Yeah, the fat free era was scary but we still have a lot of fat free products that really shouldn't exist.

I've found some chicken thighs that had a lot of skin and not trimming it meant a lot of breading, so even though the thigh was meaty, I didn't want the breading ratio to be so heavy. Also easier to fit more pieces in my cast iron skillet.

On the chicken wings I smoked las night, there were a lot of skin flaps. I was able to stretch and wrap almost all of it. I only had to snip off a few small pieced of skin.

SmokedWings001.jpg

CD

Fish 'n chips! But that depends on a perfect batter for the fish. I like chips with other things sometimes. I'm sure there are other deep fried food I like but I rarely eat them. Maybe I'm a bit like SatNavSaysStraightOn in that respect.

I associate deep fried with crusty coatings and high calories and just not very exciting really. Sorry - I don't mean to be negative.

Just like there is good and bad fish-n-chips, there is good and bad fried chicken.

Fried chicken usually doesn't use a batter. Soak the raw meat in buttermilk for a few hours, dredge in AP flour (a little corn starch/corn flour (UK) mixed in optional). Dip in an egg wash, then into a second round of flour (or breadcrumbs). Then fry.

What you want from good fried chicken is a crisp crust, and a tender and juicy meat. The flavor can be as exciting as you want, depending on how you season the meat before you dredge and fry. BTW, a lot of people season their dredging flour, but find it much more effective to season the meat. You can also ad seanong to the chicken fresh from the fryer.

Their again, like good fried fish for fish-n-chips. Crispy, firm crust, moist, flaky meat.

CD

Back
Top Bottom