Do you use bay leaves?

Not food related, but I recently heard that insects do NOT like bay leaves so some people use them in their cabinets to keep out creepy crawlies. I don't know if that's true and I'm too creeped out to Google it. LOL

I can't put salt anywhere in the garden (even dissolved in water and used in a spray) . Even tiny quantities are poisonous to chickens and my chooks free range, hence all the fencing which is a deterrent only. They are lazy and won't jump over it! Usually...

I can't put salt anywhere in the garden (even dissolved in water and used in a spray) . Even tiny quantities are poisonous to chickens and my chooks free range, hence all the fencing which is a deterrent only. They are lazy and won't jump over it! Usually...

I ran across this tip online.

Get Rid of Ants​
Put small piles of cornmeal where you see ants. They eat it, take it "home," and can't digest it so it kills them. It may take a week or so, esp. if it rains, but it works & you don't have the worry about pets or small children being harmed!​

Bay leaves are a must for my shrimp boil seasoning.

I am not sure if they would grow up here, I had them in Florida but it's darned cold up here in Ohio, we get lots and lots of snow!

Back
Top Bottom