Don't you just love it when ...

Don't you just love it when you're pouring olive oil from the big plastic bottle into the oil dispenser, and just as the dispenser is nearly full, the bottle slips, pouring oil all over the outside of the dispenser, the counter, the cabinet door, and the floor?!

I think I've had something like that happen before, not necessarily with Olive Oil though.

Don't you just love it when you're pouring olive oil from the big plastic bottle into the oil dispenser, and just as the dispenser is nearly full, the bottle slips, pouring oil all over the outside of the dispenser, the counter, the cabinet door, and the floor?!

The floor is the worst. I did it yesterday - not pouring the oil into a dispenser. The whole litre bottle just slipped out of my hand and onto the floor. There was a small lake of oil...

My bamboo floor is now nicely oiled.

Don't you just love it when putting away your clean laundry that you are reminded that you bought a lot of new clothes back in December of 2019, just before COVID19 struck and that to date, you haven't worn any of them, preferring instead to wear out the old clothes while booting around the house and running out to the grocer or the VA clinic? The one consolation is that you were forced to wear your new underwear as the old stuff broke down and had to be discarded. But you have 5 new shirts, 5 pairs of pants, new tube socks and shoes and they are as good as new still, over a year later.

Don't you just love it when putting away your clean laundry that you are reminded that you bought a lot of new clothes back in December of 2019, just before COVID19 struck and that to date, you haven't worn any of them, preferring instead to wear out the old clothes while booting around the house and running out to the grocer or the VA clinic? The one consolation is that you were forced to wear your new underwear as the old stuff broke down and had to be discarded. But you have 5 new shirts, 5 pairs of pants, new tube socks and shoes and they are as good as new still, over a year later.

Late, the same day, after making this post, I got an advertising off card from the DXL Men's Big and Tall offering huge discounts to buy clothes. Gad, what they don't know. :roflmao:

Don't you just love it when that portable keyboard you use with your laptop, because your rapid typing skills just don't work well on a flat laptop keypad, keeps on sliding around, hitting the laptop keys underneath and causing havoc while you are trying to edit something?

It's enough to tear your hair out. For some dang reason, there are days when it occurs and occurs often, like a curse from the great beyond.

The floor is the worst. I did it yesterday - not pouring the oil into a dispenser. The whole litre bottle just slipped out of my hand and onto the floor. There was a small lake of oil...

My bamboo floor is now nicely oiled.
I live in a small apartment so I don't have much space. I have a storage closet where I keep all my non-perishables, laundry supplies and extra tubs with various things. For some reason unclear to me, my caregiver put a laundry sack in there for the next time she was to do my laundry. One day, I was rushing and knocked over a gallon bottle of vegetable oil which fell onto the laundry sack so I didn't hear it fall (and didn't know the lid wasn't on tight - she loosens lids because I have trouble opening bottles and jars). My beautiful comforter was saturated in oil. I put it in the washer with Dawn dish soap (what you call "washing up soap") because it's supposed to remove grease. Well, a quarter cup of that stuff goes a loooooooonnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg way. It got the grease out but it took four washes to get all the suds out.

My beautiful comforter was saturated in oil. I put it in the washer with Dawn dish soap (what you call "washing up soap") because it's supposed to remove grease. Well, a quarter cup of that stuff goes a loooooooonnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg way. It got the grease out but it took four washes to get all the suds out.

Oh my - I think this is a major oil incident. Glad you were able to rescue it.

Don't you just love it when your computer operating system totally forgets how to automatically size your windows when you sign on in the morning and you have to go about resizing them all?

Don't you you just love it when you step out the back door into the yard, only to find that one of the dogs has taken the opportunity to dump on the door step?

Don't you just love it when your day starts out with a lousy network connection, your head phones indicate that they are only 20% charged and your frustration factor has already started an uptick.

Don't you just love it when your day starts out with a lousy network connection, your head phones indicate that they are only 20% charged and your frustration factor has already started an uptick.
I force myself to remember to charge gadgets by keeping an electric strip on my pillow. I never forget to plug anything in overnight.

Back
Top Bottom