Don't you just love it when ...

Yesterday I dropped the hairdryer while drying my hair. Twice.
Don't I just love it when I realize it 'only' fell from a seated distance and not a standing distance onto the floor...luckily no parts fell off and it did not stop working.šŸ„³

Don't you just love it that it didn't drop on the floor while you weren't there, heat the carpet to combustion and set a fire, because it did not stop working? My misunderstanding - it must have a finger trigger, which if not depressed would not keep it running - as opposed to just working.

Don't you just love it that it didn't drop on the floor while you weren't there, heat the carpet to combustion and set a fire, because it did not stop working? My misunderstanding - it must have a finger trigger, which if not depressed would not keep it running - as opposed to just working.
You are fully right!
It does have an on and off button yes, worst case scenario the fall would put it on ON...this is why I should keep it unplugged...
I am not sure about the finger trigger though...it switches to cold if pressed and held pressed and to Turbo...but not as you mention...

I do remember some hotel hairdryers that had such triggers, I found them a bit annoying, but not enough to ruin the dayšŸ˜Ž

Don't you just love it when you're moving out to a huge apartment from a 10 foot by 10 foot room in a shared housing situation and it's only going cost you about $275 USD more than you were paying for the small room?

Don't you just love it when the "Just step out of it" psychological tenet that you learned when you were just nine years old from browsing books in the big down town Chicago Public Library works once again to improve your situation and your life?

What does it mean? It means that when you are faced with a problem that won't go away and that would otherwise appear to have you trapped in an inescapable bind, simply stepping out of the problem is the best way to resolve it. Most people get sucked into a continuing participation in a repetitive cycle of harmful behavior that is destructive to themselves and to others. One does not refuse to participate argumentatively. One simply steps out of the loop and begins a new journey, free of the problem cycle.

I was living in a small one bedroom space in a share house and the owner of the house finally gave me an ultimatum that I should not be cooking in the house. Within a week, I found a new bigger living space and within another week, stepped out of the spiral. I will give no details, but it was getting dicey. Today, I turned in the keys and am now free of all conflicts.

That calls for a celebration. šŸŽ†šŸŽ†šŸŽ†How about some virtual food and wine?:bbq:Gavun (lat. Atherina hepsetus), a tiny fish, fried...https://www.coolinarika.com/recept/frigani-gavuni-54ce0d8c-6488-11eb-812e-0242ac1200c4
and perhaps...https://vinarnice.hr/hr/hrvatska-vina/pjenusava-vina/, a bottle or two for the forum members?

The spiral is often referred to as a 'double bind'. This is a manipulative situation where one person consistently attempts to manipulate another by presenting no-win contradictory arguments and demands which have no solution and even toleration ultimately fails to make the double bind livable. Double bind relationships between people exist often and are a negative on interpersonal relationships. The "Just step out of it" trick is the best and often, the only resolution to a double bind.

That is a good and clear explanation. The person doing the double bind has some kind of a reality twist or it is just a character trait...it is toxic yes. possibly some autism traces, I really am no expert on psychology, but one could learn about it...

There is here, a dangerous assumption of the mechanical in human biology and neuro-psychological nature that denies spirit and self will. People born thus, learn the behaviors they become conditioned to in life and blindly enter into methods of interpersonal relationships with no understanding of what they are a part of.

Intellectual discipline and understanding the spiritual self are keys to unlocking blind bouncing of wall reactive behavior. We all claim to value personal choice, but many only state the claim without exercising the choice. To talk of a spiritual self is to them, fool hardy and something akin to religion, many religions having been exposed as next to fantasy. The self dissolves into a mesh of molecular goo which that see themselves part of without choice, because they have given up any notion of spirit. That's the danger. Exercising intellect and understanding the spiritual self are strengths that allow determination of what one does with their human nature, the coil of their corporeal mortality. There is no religion for this, only a basic acceptance and a willingness to discipline ones' self to be in control of ones' life and if you will, destiny.

You cannot step out of a bad situation unless you have the smarts to recognize that you are part of such an interpersonal relationship and have the discipline and intellectual capacity to make the choice, determine the best method and do the stepping out.

You cannot step out of a bad situation unless you have the smarts to recognize that you are part of such an interpersonal relationship and have the discipline and intellectual capacity to make the choice, determine the best method and do the stepping out.

And you did! What is more you did it smartly in record time. One of the best moves you ever made.

Mod.comment: Now folks... back on topic?

Don't you just love it when you've prepared for a move to new digs so that after the smoke clears, all your bills are paid and you have money to push into savings? Ok, it was a bit more than preparation. Serendipity timed the move so that I got out before the 1st of the next month and did not have to pay rent on the old digs, only the new.

And still, you have yet to collect your deposit back from the old place.

Don't you love it when it comes time to replenish your toilet paper, there is plenty of it on the store shelves in this time of continuing pandemic? And further, you did not have to pay some ridiculous price for it?

Back
Top Bottom