Duck eggs

Onionman

Veteran
Local time
3:11 PM
I've seen a few elaborate dishes mention duck eggs as part of their recipes. I've never actually ever tried one and I was just wanting to know how they compare to normal chicken eggs. Obviously, there's a difference in size but is there a difference in texture and taste?

Yes there are some differences between duck eggs and chicken eggs. Duck eggs are a lot bigger than noramal chicken eggs. They have tougher shells than chicken eggs. Because of its larger size duck eggs have a much bigger yolk than chicken eggs. Some also states that duck eggs are more nutritious than chicken eggs.

No. The only differance is size. I have a duck who lays eggs. They are quite a bit bigger than chicken eggs. I use them in cakes. To be honest, even though the only differance is size, for some reason I cant bring myself to eat to eat them on thyre own as fried, or scrambled, or poached.i have no idea why, but they are great in cakes.:porky:

I have Duck eggs every week. The duck that lay our eggs (2 every day) lay white shelled eggs that are larger in size than an extra large hens egg. The eggs I get have slightly more rubbery whites (when cooked) and smoother creamier yolks. I happily use them in direct replacement of any hens egg, irrespective of temperate. I'll also have them runny.

In fact I will be having 2 of them for tea tonight! Soft boiled with runny yolks!

Humm, can't find a licking lips smilie.. @Shaun

I've had both duck and chicken eggs quite a lot, and I've personally never been able to distinguish between the two. Hell, apart from the size, I don't even see any difference.

Thanks - now I know the facts I may as well try a few out for my omelette. A very big omelette...:happy:

Back
Top Bottom