Earworms...

Thais are infamous for ripping off Western tunes. On Wednesday in the snooker joint the background music vaguely resembled Van Morrison's "Streets of Arklow" and the tune's been with me every waking hour since.

Last edited:
If you've ever been unfortunate enough to watch a Mexican "Novela" (Soap) , you'll know they are the most artificial form of entertainment on the planet. Almost all the actors and actresses look anything but Mexican: there's always loads of crying, fights, screaming, adultery, unexpected pregnancy, a murder or two, someone in hospital, and a priest. AND a really appalling theme song.
The latter is what I've got stuck in my brain right now:hyper::hyper::hyper:
I think I'll go and eat a faceful of habaneros, see if it goes away.

If you've ever been unfortunate enough to watch a Mexican "Novela" (Soap) , you'll know they are the most artificial form of entertainment on the planet. Almost all the actors and actresses look anything but Mexican: there's always loads of crying, fights, screaming, adultery, unexpected pregnancy, a murder or two, someone in hospital, and a priest. AND a really appalling theme song.
The latter is what I've got stuck in my brain right now:hyper::hyper::hyper:
I think I'll go and eat a faceful of habaneros, see if it goes away.

Being in Texas, I have seen a few Novelas. Every big city here has at least one Mexican TV channel (and several radio channels). They are over-the-top sappy drama. :laugh:

CD

For whatever reason, I’ve moved on to the complete song of “Still the Night,” BoDeans.

Good thing is, I quite like the song, and it’s the most romantic treatment of a musician picking up a companion at a concert as you’ll ever hear, very sweet.

I actually have a ringing in my left ear. I have an appointment next week to sort it. I had the same thing this time last year as well. Balance is slightly effected.

Russ

I had a really annoying song stuck in my head this morning. I don't remember what it was, but I know it was annoying. I'm not even trying to remember what it was, because I don't want it to come back. :laugh:

CD

I’m onto “She’s Acting Single (I’m Drinking Doubles)” - just the chorus.

I don’t usually like that kind of cheesy wordplay, but Gary Stewart was so good on that, it’s worth it.

Back
Top Bottom