Easter feasting 2022

I won't be cooking Easter Dinner this year, just don't feel like it.
Instead, DH & I are going to take my Mother out for dinner at a nice restaurant in a beautiful hotel that is on the National Register of Historic Places, well to be honest most of our main downtown area is close to 100 years old and older, very quaint.

I won't be cooking Easter Dinner this year, just don't feel like it.
Instead, DH & I are going to take my Mother out for dinner at a nice restaurant in a beautiful hotel that is on the National Register of Historic Places, well to be honest most of our main downtown area is close to 100 years old and older, very quaint.
I'd give anything to have my mother back to do something like that. I really miss her.

We’re having ham and potatoes au gratin, I know that much, probably a salad, and I think I’ll make deviled eggs because the devil is the opposite of Jesus, I guess, and eggs, um, come from giant rabbits?… and, um…now I know why I’m atheist! :laugh:

I'm the worst kind of atheist... one who's read the Bible cover to cover. :laugh:

I haven't done anything special for Easter in years. I'm going to Houston later in the week, but not for Easter.

Tax day is Monday, so I have to file my return online Easter in the evening. So, I'm paying taxes on Easter. :thumbsdown:

CD

I'm the worst kind of atheist... one who's read the Bible cover to cover. :laugh:

I haven't done anything special for Easter in years. I'm going to Houston later in the week, but not for Easter.

Tax day is Monday, so I have to file my return online Easter in the evening. So, I'm paying taxes on Easter. :thumbsdown:

CD
Yep, I can relate (though not quite an atheist). I read the Bible many times and was dragged to church (Southern Baptist) for the first 12 years of my life before I rebelled.

I hated my taxes this year, it was probably one of the most complicated and painful things I have done in a long time. And I will do it again next year and feel the same way if not even worse :banghead:

Baby Sister has offered to host Easter Dinner. Baby Brother will cook. He plans to make Crawfish Bisque and Crawfish Pie. Middle Sister is making a salad. I offered sweets - Lemon Cookies and Carrot Cake. I like to use Apple Sauce in my Carrot Cake for moisture. I just made a small batch of unsweetened apple sauce. YUMM!
If I feel inspired I may make stuffed eggs.

Baby Sister has offered to host Easter Dinner. Baby Brother will cook. He plans to make Crawfish Bisque and Crawfish Pie. Middle Sister is making a salad. I offered sweets - Lemon Cookies and Carrot Cake. I like to use Apple Sauce in my Carrot Cake for moisture. I just made a small batch of unsweetened apple sauce. YUMM!
If I feel inspired I may make stuffed eggs.
Ooooh, I so love crawfish pie! That sounds so nice.

The food is always exceptional at our family gatherings. The spirit of Easter is so much more important. We arre both lapsed Catholics. I only occasionally attend Sunday Mass. G never. I do pray, askiing God for guidance and direction. Today is Good Friday. The day Jesus was scourged, had a crown of thorns shoved into his scalp, forced to carry his cross to his destination of crucifiction. He was hung from a cross with spikes below his wrist. His side was jabed with a spear. He was left to die a misserable death.
My Dear Husband asked what we should do to celebrate Good Friday. He has forgotten the signifigance of Good Friday. The torture and death of Jesus. Not a celebration. A day of prayer and contemplation. A day of fasting. The saddest day of the Christain calendar .
I apologize. I know that not all of you share my faith. I speak only for myself.
I am looking forward to our family gathering Easter Sunday to celebrate the reserection of Jesus Christ.

I apologize. I know that not all of you share my faith. I speak only for myself.
I am looking forward to our family gathering Easter Sunday to celebrate the reserection of Jesus Christ.
There is no need to apologize. There is nothing wrong with your beliefs, whether anyone else shares them or not. Every other one of my siblings (and my parents were too) are Christians except for me and my next oldest (brother) sibling. And all of my husband's family are Catholic.

My aunt (by marriage) is Jehovah's witness and my deceased uncle (my mother's little brother), plus my mom's parents, were as well. They do not celebrate or acknowledge any holidays because they all have pagan associations and symbols created by man, not God. Easter has the Easter bunny, Christmas has Santa Claus, etc. There is nothing wrong with their belief system, either.

I do believe in God, just not the same way as many others. I definitely never want to impose my belief system on others, that would just be wrong. Have a good weekend with your family.

Last edited:
Please don’t apologize, and that’s coming from an avowed atheist. :hug:

I probably sound like I ridicule Christianity quite a bit, but that’s only because I was raised in the faith (Pentecostal), am intimately familiar with it, so it’s a little like picking on family. I still love gospel music, even if the message doesn’t always apply to me, for example.

Enjoy your family and faith this weekend!

Someone on here recently mentioned Ralph Stanley, so here’s a good Easter song for you from the good doctor himself:

View: https://youtu.be/f61KcoXKFAM

Please don’t apologize, and that’s coming from an avowed atheist. :hug:

I probably sound like I ridicule Christianity quite a bit, but that’s only because I was raised in the faith (Pentecostal), am intimately familiar with it, so it’s a little like picking on family. I still love gospel music, even if the message doesn’t always apply to me, for example.

Enjoy your family and faith this weekend!

Someone on here recently mentioned Ralph Stanley, so here’s a good Easter song for you from the good doctor himself:

View: https://youtu.be/f61KcoXKFAM

Dick's Last Resort in Dallas, a restaurant/bar about is irreverent as they get**, used to have a Sunday brunch, with a Black Gospel choir that was amazing. I don't go to church, but I will go listen to hear an old school Black Gospel choir.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olQrCfkvbGw

** For those who don't know, Dick's Last Resort is a place where the staff has an attitude, and you can cop an attitude back. They put paper bag "condoms" on customer's heads, and make fun of them.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqYy0lctdqk

CD

Back
Top Bottom