Easter feasting

I usually have arni psito - roast lamb cooked with onions, mushrooms, potatoes and parsley and a lemon, garlic and black pepper sauce. It makes plenty of roast dinners and delicious shepherd's pie afterwards for the freezer :D

pretty much don't do Easter here either but we may fire up the pizza oven on Easter Monday if my hubby gets around to inviting people around.
I have purchased him a dairy free chocolate easter egg though! A nice one, not one of those plastic tasting ones that you get for a couple of pounds. But that is the extent of Easter other than a few extra days being able to be spent cleaning the garden (prior to people turning up).

No Easter celebrations here although Songkhran (Thai New Year) is celebrated on 13th, 14th and 15th April this year. I don't think that we'll be cooking anything special though.

(Thai New Year) is celebrated on 13th, 14th and 15th April

I usually start celebrating Christmas on Christmas Eve and then prolong it until 7th January (Orthodox Christmas - my late cousin's wife is Ethiopian). Their New Year starts on 11th September. We don't usually bother with that, as some people think we are taking the p.... :ohmy:

We do usually do a Polish/Slovakian style Easter dinner as that is my wife's heritage.

We start with white borscht, farmer's cheese (twarog) and rye bread, then have a roast ham, potato salad, coleslaw, steamed asparagus, sautéed string beans, grated beets and horseradish, and a casserole of sauerkraut, potatoes, and kielbasa.

Back
Top Bottom