Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Outside at a table

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • In bed

• Other

• Total voters
I live in an upstairs flat - there's no room in the kitchen for a table, and the lounge might be bigger than the kitchen, but there's no real room for a table either, much less folding it up and storing it somewhere. It's the only reason why I have my dinner on my lap.
In your case... yes. . I'd do it your way.
:)

I hate eating outdoors. I think I'd just about rather eat in the bathroom just after someone's done their plops than eat outside. :laugh:

Bugs, wind, too bright, too hot...I just hate it.

That said, we do go on picnics, and we do have two places for outside eating at our house (front porch and back patio). We usually eat on the front porch once every weekend and once a summer on the back patio.

Last edited:
At my sons and they have a large bench and breakfast bar. The kids all ate brekky and tea at the bar in the kitchen. I ate at the table. Their home so their rules. Their table was quite cluttered with kids stuff though, so only room for 2 people.

Russ

Usually I eat at table when I'm home and during summer I like to eat in my terrace, I don't mind to nibble something on the sofà watching a film or when I'm too lazy to stand up and get to the table. It also occurred me quite often to eat in my car or in the adv production's car while working and moving from several photo shooting/adv sets

I'd quite happily live outdoors 24/7 if I could (and did for 13 months, plus all of my childhood and most of my adult life holidays were camping trips so living outside). Eating outside for me at least, makes the food taste so much better. Inside makes everything so sterile and bland.

It also occurred me quite often to eat in my car or in the adv production's car
That's one thing I never do. It always causes friction with the wife on the rare occasions we're driving a great distance; she wants to hit a drive-thru and eat in the car - keep moving! I always want to stop and take a break, and at a restaurant with table service. Doesn't have to be fancy, but if I'm driving all day (a chore), I want a relaxing meal stop.

That's one thing I never do. It always causes friction with the wife on the rare occasions we're driving a great distance; she wants to hit a drive-thru and eat in the car - keep moving! I always want to stop and take a break, and at a restaurant with table service. Doesn't have to be fancy, but if I'm driving all day (a chore), I want a relaxing meal stop.

Of course, more than right and also for me it is the same thing.
But sometimes my job, especially in some months full of castings and photo shoots, sometimes even in different parts of the city, doesn't allow me to stop properly and eat 'normally', and the time I have available for a sandwich has expired even before thinking about it. It happened to me while I was traveling, to eat a quick sandwich in the car, hold it on my lap and then give a bite at each stop or red light. It didn't and still doesn't really bother me, maybe because it's not the norm. Generally when I'm in the studio or adv shooting only in one location, then lunch together is a must and it's also pleasant.

I just added eating in bed. Am I the only one? :D OK - its not where I usually eat meals but breakfast in bed has been known. As have sandwiches cut into fingers and eaten whilst reading a book. And then there was the oysters...

I just added eating in bed. Am I the only one? :D OK - its not where I usually eat meals but breakfast in bed has been known. As have sandwiches cut into fingers and eaten whilst reading a book. And then there was the oysters...
I don't think I've ever eaten in bed. Maybe sitting on the edge of the bed in hotel room, but not actually in the bed.

I/We also don't watch TV in bed, either, but I know a lot of people like to do that.

I live alone with my dog, and my "corporate headquarters" is a home office upstairs. I tend to eat most of my meals up their, in front of the computer.

I have a beautiful antique kitchen table purchased new by my grandparents almost 100 years ago. Sadly, I rarely use it.

My dog eats at a table I made to match my antique kitchen table.

TeddyTable.jpg

CD

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom