Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Outside at a table

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • In bed

• Other

• Total voters
I live alone with my dog, and my "corporate headquarters" is a home office upstairs. I tend to eat most of my meals up their, in front of the computer.

I have a beautiful antique kitchen table purchased new by my grandparents almost 100 years ago. Sadly, I rarely use it.

My dog eats at a table I made to match my antique kitchen table.

View attachment 31285

CD

I love the matching dog table!

We almost always eat at the dinner table. If were not eating at the dinner table we eat on the patio out back.

We'll snack while watching t.v, but that is about it.

Usually I eat at table when I'm home and during summer I like to eat in my terrace, I don't mind to nibble something on the sofà watching a film or when I'm too lazy to stand up and get to the table. It also occurred me quite often to eat in my car or in the adv production's car while working and moving from several photo shooting/adv sets

When I started my job and didn't know anyone, I felt self-conscious about eating alone in a restaurant, so I ate in my car a few times. Still not entirely comfortable about eating out alone, but getting better about it.

@morning glory - at heart, I'm a loner. I don't particularly like socializing, and I've got a whole universe of imagination going on in my head at any given time, so I'm always my own best company.

My wife is going out of town for a week in October, and I could go with her if I chose to, but instead, I took the time off, but I'm staying home. Five days of uninterrupted me time...I'm positively giddy at the prospect!

@Karen W - I don't know, I usually don't look at male/female things, but I will say that my wife is like you. She can't bear to do anything alone.

She says she always feels like people are looking at her when she's out by herself, thinking, "That poor woman is all alone, how sad," and that's because that's what she says when she sees people out alone!

I think some of it is the way she was raised. Her family - if they're not all piled on top of one another every time they're together, then they fee like something's amiss.

I was raised in a much larger family, so personal time was necessary, because we were piled atop one another, literally and figuratively, and my family is also much, much more reserved than hers.

I enjoy living alone, but a meal out with someone somehow seems like more fun -. sharing the meal together, conversation. On occasion, I've taken myself out, and had a great time, as well.

Last edited:
When I started my job and didn't know anyone, I felt self-conscious about eating alone in a restaurant, so I ate in my car a few times. Still not entirely comfortable about eating out alone, but getting better about it.

Lol, when I was on the road selling in other towns, I would always have my dinner alone. In a restaurant with others I would talk to. I'm a talker so always talk to someone. I don't miss eating alone.

Russ

That is an interesting thing because I love doing that. I used to do it when I lived on my own in London. I'd go out in the evening to a local restaurant (often taking a book to read) and enjoy the 'me' time!

I travel a lot for business. I eat alone a lot. When I travel, I eat at the bar in a restaurant. I often end up having a conversation with someone else traveling alone and eating at the bar. This is especially true in airports. People at airport bars seem to be open to, and sometimes eager to strike up a conversation with a stranger.

I much prefer to cook my own food when I am home, but I will occasionally go to a local restaurant, eat at the bar, and often get into a conversation with strangers there, too.

CD

Bugs, wind, too bright, too hot...I just hate it.

That said, we do go on picnics, and we do have two places for outside eating at our house (front porch and back patio). We usually eat on the front porch once every weekend and once a summer on the back patio.

I pick good weather for eating outdoors. If it's too sunny out back, I go onto the front porch. This week it's been pretty perfect!

I live alone so I have no qualms about eating lunch out alone. More fun with folks, but I'd miss out on so much cuisine if I didn't give it a gander! I've discovered Vietnamese food on my ownsome, for instance.

The only way I eat dinner out alone is if I'm on a road trip, or stopping for a slice of pizza somewhere.

Eating out alone gets less uncomfortable with practice and time.

And age. Lol
I probably won't go out on a Sunday afternoon again. Took a seat at a small table adjacent to the bar. There was a sporting event on TV. The guys at the bar were drinking beer and hootin' & hollerin' at the TV. Live and learn. Haha.

And age. Lol
I probably won't go out on a Sunday afternoon again. Took a seat at a small table adjacent to the bar. There was a sporting event on TV. The guys at the bar were drinking beer and hootin' & hollerin' at the TV. Live and learn. Haha.

That only bothers me if they are hootin' and hollerin' for a team I don't like. :laugh:

CD

Back
Top Bottom