Recipe Elegant Wild Rice Soup

Local time
8:12 AM
This seems like a fairly simple recipe, so I figured I would enter it in the challenge.

Source: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/47943/elegant-wild-rice-soup/

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup wild rice
  • 3 cups water
  • 6 tablespoons butter
  • 1 tablespoon minced onion
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 3 cups chicken broth
  • 3/4 cup minced cooked ham
  • 1/2 cup shredded carrots
  • 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
  • 1 cup half-and-half

Directions:

In a pot, bring the wild rice and water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 45 minutes.

In a separate pot, melt the butter over medium heat, and saute the onion until tender. Blend in the flour until smooth, and gradually stir in the chicken broth. Stirring constantly, bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and mix in the cooked rice, ham, carrots, and almonds. Continue to cook and stir about 5 minutes, until heated through. Thoroughly blend the half and half into the soup just before serving.

74811.jpg

Well I used to say I have tried rice in every form excluding soup so I guess this would be one to try. I don't know it's something I would be trying anytime in the near future but it's certainly something to put on my list

I have never cooked rice in a soup myself but this recipe looked good to me so I decided to enter it in the challenge. Maybe I may think of trying it some day, but for now I may just stick to cooking rice in the old-fashioned way that I'm accustomed to.

Back
Top Bottom