Ever had to cook dinner in someone else's kitchen?

Sorry I meant to say SPIT roast.

Its a way of cooking whole animals such as pigs.

A giant rotisserie! Most whole hog BBQ here is done in a pit large enough for the hog, a hole dug in the ground or If you dig 2' and hit water, like where we live, a Caja China or Chinese Box (often referred to as a Cajun Microwave).

Sorry I meant to say SPIT roast.

Its a way of cooking whole animals such as pigs.
Years ago, when I was in Greece, four or five of us decided to go to an outdoor restaurant in Thessaloniki, a couple of hours drive from where I had been living. We pre-ordered spit-roasted pig. When we arrived at the restaurant, there it was - a whole spit-roasted pig. We were there for several hours, and there wasn't much left when we went.

There are several joints dedicated to whole hog BBQ and it is often done in competition BBQ. I did a small one by my self in a Caja China. Will never do one by myself again. With a Caja China the hog is in the box and the coals are in a tray/lid above it. Moving that tray of hot coals by yourself is an adventure!:eek:

pig 1 s.jpg

We didn't eat it all ourselves!

As a former vegan

That is very interesting - especially as you are a chef. We could do with more vegan recipes here. Its also an interesting topic - why we switch our eating habits. I was vegetarian for many years but not any more. I do cook a lot of vegan and vegetarian dishes though.

I was going to get another rotisserie oven, but I decided to get the Ninja Foodi because I like the many tings that It can do!! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom