Fantasy Dining - who would you invite?

:eek:

Thank you but no way!

I mean 'no way' Chopped - but I'd be delighted to attend ElizabethB's dinner party.
You underestimate yourself. You would slay all competitors.
I think it would be cool to do a dinner party with Cooking Bites members ... if seven is the limit, then multiple parties or maybe a progressive dinner party ...
That would be the best!!! I can just imagine the fun, the banter, the wonderful food. A party of food lovers and wonderful cooks. :hug:

The reason I personally wouldn't want to do Chopped, at least the TV version, is that there is usually one totally carp ingredient in the mix I wouldn't want to eat, much less cook with.
That's the challenge. I could figure out what to do with the ingredients but never in the time frame. The worst are the challenges where viewers pick the ingredients. EVIL!!

I admit I am so out of the loop I've never heard of any of these people.

Bo Jackson---Pro RB for the Raiders back in the day.
Barry Sanders--Pro RB for the Detroit Lions. Best RB to ever play the game. Youtube him. It won't be a waste of your time. Even if you don't like football
Daniel N. Pro Poker player. Talker at the table. A blast to watch play poker
My Grandpa------Best dude I ever knew in my life. If I end up being a fraction of the guy he was I'll be a winner
jinjer---female death metal singer
Ted Allen is the host of Chopped
Jeffery was on chopped and is an Iron Chef

Bo Jackson---Pro RB for the Raiders back in the day.
Barry Sanders--Pro RB for the Detroit Lions. Best RB to ever play the game. Youtube him. It won't be a waste of your time. Even if you don't like football
Daniel N. Pro Poker player. Talker at the table. A blast to watch play poker
My Grandpa------Best dude I ever knew in my life. If I end up being a fraction of the guy he was I'll be a winner
jinjer---female death metal singer
Ted Allen is the host of Chopped
Jeffery was on chopped and is an Iron Chef

No way I'd ever know of the first three. I'll YouTube Barry Sanders, though.
Your grandpa sounds cool, good fun and all. (If I have a second shot at a meal for seven guests, I'd be selecting my parents, three cousins, a spouse of one of those cousins, and, a good friend who passed last November that I'd known since college, and my brother. Actually this dream dinner party would also include my old housemate, his husband, and Dad's girlfriend - he hooked up with her a few years after Mom passed, so the table seatings could be any way at all - although my Mom might be a bit disconcerted by the gay couple). Ten guests. I guess I need one more for an even setting for 12 (since I'll be there, too....) If I can find him on the Internet somewhere, my first serious boyfriend. (We parted amicably.)

I watched Chopped occasionally, but not enough to learn / remember people's names. Any recent Iron Chef videos aren't on YouTube.

I can relate to that. He would have been nonplussed by the term 'dude' though.

actually, he would have laughed. He always had a smile and a joke for you. Bone Cancer took him about 15 years ago. A brutal disease to watch someone go through. Even on his worse days he still had a smile for you. He might have been the biggest John Wayne fan ever. He actually had a 3 foot tall John Wayne statue in his tv room lol.

No way I'd ever know of the first three. I'll YouTube Barry Sanders, though.
Your grandpa sounds cool, good fun and all. (If I have a second shot at a meal for seven guests, I'd be selecting my parents, three cousins, a spouse of one of those cousins, and, a good friend who passed last November that I'd known since college, and my brother. Actually this dream dinner party would also include my old housemate, his husband, and Dad's girlfriend - he hooked up with her a few years after Mom passed, so the table seatings could be any way at all - although my Mom might be a bit disconcerted by the gay couple). Ten guests. I guess I need one more for an even setting for 12 (since I'll be there, too....) If I can find him on the Internet somewhere, my first serious boyfriend. (We parted amicably.)

I watched Chopped occasionally, but not enough to learn / remember people's names. Any recent Iron Chef videos aren't on YouTube.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBhn1wMyzV4

I'd probably sit and think for a while and come up with some mysteries that haven't been solved yet, answers that someone took to their graves, and ask them about that.

Back
Top Bottom