Fast Food Impossible and Beyond Burgers.

Dive Bar Casanova

Local time
6:25 AM
Fast food Impossible and Beyond Burgers. Any opinions?

Burger King reporting big sales numbers for their Impossible burger.
$5 US East Coast, we’ve been paying closer to $8 US here on the West coast.

The Beyond is good but to me has an unpleasant smell.
The Impossible is good but they keep serving them cold at the various locations where we’ve bought them. To me that sux.

My wife has never had a bad meal in her life. I think she really likes both the Impossible and Beyond.

We’re getting up to speed with non meat junk food.
We were in a small town in the Sierras and came across veggie hot dogs. Normally they smell and taste like burning plastic but this brand is pretty good.

Instruction say slowly fry for 8 min constantly turning or boil. They cook up different than regular hot dogs but smell and taste great.

Last edited:
Haven't tried either and don't intend to. I don't eat at fast food places.

Haven't tried either and don't intend to. I don't eat at fast food places.

Nor me but I really do want to try one of these new products just to see. I've heard some good reports about the UK versions (which are different from the US). One good thing in the UK is that places like McDonalds adhere to high animal welfare standards. All eggs used are free range, no additives are used, meat is sourced within the UK etc. It may be fast food but its not as unhealthy as a lot of the meals some people cook at home.

About Our Food - Everything You Want to Know | McDonald's UK

I had an IW a while ago and posted about it (briefly) here. Bottom line - it's the best non-meat burger I've had and does indeed closely replicate a beef whopper.

Nutritionally, though, it's worse for you than a beef whopper on pretty much all markers - higher carbs, sodium, etc. If someone is mistakenly eating these because they're a healthier option, they're going to be surprised if they dig a little deeper. To me, the only reasons to eat one is if you possess a moral objection to eating beef, or if you have some kind of beef allergy.

When I was going through my colon cancer I was treated at 3 different non-affiliated cancer research hospitals.

They all concluded from their research red meat is cancer causing. Nitrate treated pork as well.

Not from the meat passing through your digestive system but it triggers carcinogens.
In that way it’s the better way to go IMHO.
In my case the carcinogen latched onto a polyp, grew to an ulcerous tumor.

Yeah if you eat atmosphere sandwich’s and warm purified water for soup with kale you might live to 100 but it’ll seem like 200.

I digress.

I have no idea what the subject matter is about!

[We do not have "Burger King" or "McDonald's" up here in the middle of nowhere. Although, unfortunately we do have "KFC"]

@Yorky - there's been a huge media blitz/ad campaign going on with Burger King (fast food restaurant) and their Impossible Whopper, made in conjunction with Impossible Foods' Impossible Burger - a plant-based beefburger substitute.

They did an excellent job of ginning up interest - there were ads on TV in my area months before it was available, and it was released in select markets first, which really whetted the appetites. All the folks who're veg* were crapping themselves in anticipation. My veg* niece - she's pregnant, and when I'd text her, two words about being pregnant, two pages about the Impossible Whopper! :)

Since I think they are trying to mimic generic fast food burgers and I prefer Mom's style of home made burgers over whatever Burger King or McDonalds produces, I'll pass, too. I'm not interested in consuming TVP. I can make great veggie burgers that don't need to taste like meat.

I had an IW a while ago and posted about it (briefly) here. Bottom line - it's the best non-meat burger I've had and does indeed closely replicate a beef whopper.

Nutritionally, though, it's worse for you than a beef whopper on pretty much all markers - higher carbs, sodium, etc. If someone is mistakenly eating these because they're a healthier option, they're going to be surprised if they dig a little deeper. To me, the only reasons to eat one is if you possess a moral objection to eating beef, or if you have some kind of beef allergy.
I would never have imagined that this was the case, but indeed it is! I assumed that it had to be healthier than the beef patty. But, as you indicated, it's not.

I would never have imagined that this was the case, but indeed it is! I assumed that it had to be healthier than the beef patty. But, as you indicated, it's not.

I believe vegetable based meat-substitute products have a lower production carbon footprint than beef production, too.

CD

Back
Top Bottom