Favorite cheese?

I like Ricotta!

“Hey, you know what the world needs? A nothingy cheese that’s full of lumps and tastes a bit like yoghurt” - No one, ever.

I always love eating and using quickmelt cheese, cheddar and cream cheese for my cooking, baking and as topping, filling or spread for my bread and biscuits. I just love their taste and it is not too salty for me.

With all of the many cheeses in this world, what is your favorite? I am torn between farmers cheese and smoked gouda. What about you?
That is a hard decision in my case! I love cheese, all kinds of cheese. I can't really say I have a favorite, it depends on whether I'm eating it alone or with something else. I just love cheese in general. I guess I could say one of my favorites is cream cheese in my Jalepeno slices!!!!

I would say the two I use most often are Romano and Provolone, with Parmesan coming in at a close third. Cheddar would be fourth. We eat a lot of pasta dishes in our household, so I put Romano on just about everything, as well as soups and side dishes. Aside from that, Provolone is kind of my go to sandwich cheese, I put it on burgers, lunch meat sandwiches, etc... I also use it regularly in omelettes.

That's not to say that I don't like other cheeses as well, but their flavors kind of limit their uses. I wouldn't use Cheddar on a pizza for example, but I would use Provolone in place of Mozzarella. Also, most other cheeses tend to be too expensive to buy on a regular basis, such as goat cheese or blue cheese.

Dutch cheese is a lesser-known delicacy. Fairly bland generic edam and gouda are known pretty much everywhere I guess, but the real farm stuff is a completely different thing. When aged it gets a crumbly and bit crunchy from the cheese crystals that form.

A few cubes of cheese, some mustard and a beer - lovely stuff!

brokkelkaas.jpg

Dutch cheese is a lesser-known delicacy. Fairly bland generic edam and gouda are known pretty much everywhere I guess, but the real farm stuff is a completely different thing. When aged it gets a crumbly and bit crunchy from the cheese crystals that form.

A few cubes of cheese, some mustard and a beer - lovely stuff!

View attachment 1643
I've never seen this before but I can imagine how good it must be. Will have to see if I can get any here...

I can get it in London. So next time I'm up there. Also by post but the postage is rather a lot! Its that idea of the crunch that set me off. London's Borough Market have it. Which has made me wonder. Do we have any forum members in London. I haven't noticed any...

Last edited:
I love smoked Gouda as well and some sharp cheddar! I also bleu and camembert. Cheese is the reason why I love strolling through the market and getting taste tests. Haha

With all of the many cheeses in this world, what is your favorite? I am torn between farmers cheese and smoked gouda. What about you?
Ohh, Good question, Rosyrain! I think my very favorite cheese is Jarlsberg, but I hardly ever buy it as it is fairly expensive. I am a fan of most cheeses. I also adore various types of cheddar cheese. I like brie and goat cheese. There are few types of cheese that I don't like.

I actually was not a big cheese eater pre pregnancy, but lately I can not get enough parmesan cheese. I literally eat it on everything. I'm not sure if it's the salty taste I enjoy or what. I even eat it on bread. I also have enjoyed regular cheddar, which is crazy because I hated the taste of it before. I hope that after I give birth I will still enjoy the taste because I feel it has made me a healthier person.

My favorite cheese is Blue cheese. I know it looks a mess but it is so packed with flavor you only need to use a little to completely change the taste of the dish. I honestly can't say I've ever just popped a chuck of it on a cracker and eaten it but I do use crumbled blue cheese on salads and burgers all the time. I even add it to casseroles and adult mac and cheese. Just has a nice bite to it. If I can't afford Blue cheese I may get a sharp cheddar to fill in.

I love Cheddar, the extra sharp is my favorite. I eat Cheddar cheese on oatmeal cookies and crackers. Grilled cheese sandwich with the extra sharp cheese is so good. Cheese and apples slices are a great snack when you want to avoid sugar.

I love cheese and I couldn't choose just one favourite :eek:
I think my ideal cheese board would have to include camembert, reblochon, comte, gruyere, yarg, white stilton and probably a goats cheese too. The only type of cheese I'm not so keen on is blue cheese - though it does work well in soups, pies and bakes.
We always have some generic cheddar and some parmesan or peccorino in the fridge for cooking (though a nice aged cheddar can also be good for eating on its own). There's nothing better than going into a deli and finding a new cheese to try!

I am a big cheese lover and i live in a country where you can find just two (or five) official types of cheese. Kashkaval ( Kačkavalj) is the most popular one. However, in green markets you can buy home made cheeses. Literally, how many households make cheese that many types we have. Unofficially. That is my favourite type of cheese. Every weekend i go there and buy some 5 kilos of different types. Half kilo of a goat salty cheese, half kilo of soft and white cheese made of sheep milk, some regular cow cheese, then i buy some mix types. There is a home made cream made from pure milk. When you boil the milk and you scoop the thing on top, that cream si twice expenci

Oh, this is a hard question for me.... I looooove cheese!!!!! If I had to choose one, ok maybe two, it would be between goat cheese and a Portuguese cheese I grew up on called St. Jorge. However, I just can't really choose, as I love almost every cheese and I love cheese on almost everything from grilled cheese sandwich to a delicious chilli topped with sharp cheddar cheese.....yum

Back
Top Bottom