Favorite Healthy, Protein-Based meals?

angelicagapit

Veteran
Local time
7:09 PM
What's your favorite healthy, protein-based meal to eat?

Be specific with your favorite chicken, lean beef, turkey dishes, etc.

And do you prefer them boiled, grilled, or fried? Share with us what your favorites are and recipes if you'd like as well.

Since I eat plant base food only. I would have to say my favorite protein based food would be Seiten. I also like black been burgers. Tofu bacon, and chickpea omelets. All are great sources of protein, (and doesn't come with a side of heart attack. Lol):happy:

Oh man. I've had a love for steak diane since I was a preteen, it was the first thing I cooked out of a new cookbook I got for christmas, so sentiment probably contributes. I'm also always a sucker for beef strips cooked in a bit of soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce. Usually fried up in a pan, but I've done oven baked as well which still tasted great - I'm not an elitist when it comes to my beef.
But nothing beats butter chicken for me. I could eat that stuff for days.

One of my favorite is the corned beef soup. Don't be mistaken, it's not the corned beef that we know. That soup is a mix of beef strips and grated corn. Sauteed with garlic and onions, it has a mix of some green leaves for more flavoring. The corn gives me carbohydrates and the beef, particularly the soup that is actually a broth, is very nutritious in terms of protein. We usually cook that when there is a harvest of corn.

I love using quorn for protein. Since I'm vegetarian, I can't use meat or fish, but for me, quorn is a simple, easy and tasty way to get a good fill of protein . Quorn pasta is delicious. I also like to make bean burgers.

I love using quorn for protein. Since I'm vegetarian, I can't use meat or fish, but for me, quorn is a simple, easy and tasty way to get a good fill of protein . Quorn pasta is delicious. I also like to make bean burgers.

I've seen those Quorn products at my local supermarket but I've never been game to try them! What are they like texturally?

That soup is a mix of beef strips and grated corn.
Something about the play on words in this made me laugh way too much. On the other hand it sounds like a pretty awesome soup and I'm going to have to try it.
Because of the next post down I now also want to try Quorned Beef soup with beef strips and quorn. Just because it would amuse me to make.

Something about the play on words in this made me laugh way too much. On the other hand it sounds like a pretty awesome soup and I'm going to have to try it.
Because of the next post down I now also want to try Quorned Beef soup with beef strips and quorn. Just because it would amuse me to make.

It's okay to experiment sometimes. You know that corned beef soup, so many are amazed to taste it because they say it is a unique dish. What makes the soup tasty is the margarine that is used to sautee the garlic and onions. When cooked in margarine, that's the only time you mix the other ingredients. That is the way to get the best taste of the beef and the corn. If you prefer a somewhat spicy, you can mix pepper leaves.

What makes the soup tasty is the margarine that is used to sautee the garlic and onions. When cooked in margarine, that's the only time you mix the other ingredients. That is the way to get the best taste of the beef and the corn.
That's really interesting, I'll keep it in mind when I get a chance to try it out :)

I like my beef grilled or pan-fried like a steak with a lot of butter and thyme. Chicken is best roasted with a lot of herbs like rosemary and cayenne, peppers are great too. I like my fish steamed with a lot of water or oil-based sauces so it's more Asian than anything. I like my lamb with a lot of jams,mints or side dishes.

I like grilled spareribs and grilled chicken so much. I can eat a lot in one sitting. I really like grilled foods. It's a Sunday favorite meal for our family and mine too. Sometimes I cook pork sinigang for my kids because that is their favorite. It's boiled pork with vegetables and tamarind. That's a staple in our kitchen.

Back
Top Bottom