Favorite Movies

Congrats and good luck! :)

Thanks. P and H have been getting on my goat a bit lately. I normally try to keep harmony, but this being cooped up because of the pandemic, I suppose, does have its costs. They finally broke the camel's back when they told me that they didn't want me cooking in the house anymore.

Thanks. P and H have been getting on my goat a bit lately. I normally try to keep harmony, but this being cooped up because of the pandemic, I suppose, does have its costs. They finally broke the camel's back when they told me that they didn't want me cooking in the house anymore.
What? You're supposed to go out for every meal? Not likely!

I've decided to give myself a birthday present of finding a bigger living space. Instead of sharing a house, I think I will go for my own apartment with a kitchen of my own.

Sounds like a good move if you can afford it. Sharing a kitchen is far from ideal if you are a keen cook. Are apartments expensive where you are? Second inquisitive question: do you need to stay in the area where you live currently?

Sounds like a good move if you can afford it. Sharing a kitchen is far from ideal if you are a keen cook. Are apartments expensive where you are? Second inquisitive question: do you need to stay in the area where you live currently?

Yes, apartments are very expensive in Silicon Valley. But I'm paying quite a bit at my current share house because I thought it was worth the peace and harmony. Having house mates can be an issue. I'll pay about $150 to $250/month more at some of the places I am finding, including utilities, but not the cost of cable wifi. Whatever, I can afford.

I am retired, so I can go where ever I want, but I need to be near a VA medical facility. I was considering St. George Utah a while ago, but I don't think that I'll go that route.

I am retired, so I can go where ever I want, but I need to be near a VA medical facility. I was considering St. George Utah a while ago, but I don't think that I'll go that route.
We've got a VA hospital in Dayton, and another one in Cincinnati... :whistling: :)

Good morning people. I am doing something polenta for breakfast this morning. I have a couple things in mind. More on that in "Show me your breakfast."

This morning's movie will be "Moon 44", a less than five star scifi movie.

For the mid-day, I picked "Predator 2."

For the late nighter, it will be "Quigley Down Under."

Good Morning. I did a road trip this morning to go shopping. I ate a couple Jimmy Dean breakfast biscuits when I got back. No Coffee.

The breakfast movie today is "The Reflecting Skin." This is an incredibly strange movie by a British film creator which focuses on a young boy who finds himself in a world of evil, evil in the form of deviant sexual behavior like not often referenced in movies - and his imagining of a vampire is the least of his growing up hazards. If you haven't seen this one, it might be worth watching, if you don't have reservations about some of its twists and turns.

The mid-day movie I picked, is the 1990 version of "Total Recall."

The late night movie will be "Tremors." This is the first of several Tremors films which feature ancient Earth life forms which date back to the Pre-Cambrian, 4 billion years ago in Earth pre-history.

Good morning all. I'll have no breakfast or coffee this morning as I am road tripping again. Among other things, I will be out checking out an apartment for rent.

While I am waiting to go, the morning movie will be "Backdraft."

The mid-day movie, after I get back, will be "The Commitments." I do like this movie.

And the late night flick will be "Dead Again."

I have in mind something polenta with my coffee this morning for breakfast.

Good m.

The breakfast movie will be "The Flight of The Intruder."

For mid-day, the movie I picked is "Kafka." This is a really nice mystery movie that I like.

The late night movie is "Mortal Thoughts", a movie that can be grouped with "Thelma & Louise" as they both involve women friends who loose control and commit murder(s) related to attempted rapes.

Good morning people. I'm up early and have a road trip today to look at another apartment. The last one I looked at seemed a bit surrounded by bad neighborhood with a lot of homeless people tented around. I found a web site where people rated the apartment complex and there were bad ratings where people had stuff stolen and a woman had a man force his way into her car as she was getting in. Another complex that looked good on the web had really bad ratings with gang bangers hanging out and causing tenants troubles. Those places were further north up into the more populated areas of the south bay. Today, I go south to look at a place completely out of Silicon Valley - a seniors apartment complex with a huge 1 bedroom offered.

Breakfast is ok this early, coffee and Jimmy Deans breakfast biscuits.

The breakfast movie will be the 1991 version of "Point Break."

When I get back, the movie mid-day will be "The Rocketeer", a movie that I rate high on the scale.

The late night movie I chose is "Star Trek VI, The Undiscovered Country."

Good morning people. I'm up early and have a road trip today to look at another apartment. The last one I looked at seemed a bit surrounded by bad neighborhood with a lot of homeless people tented around. I found a web site where people rated the apartment complex and there were bad ratings where people had stuff stolen and a woman had a man force his way into her car as she was getting in. Another complex that looked good on the web had really bad ratings with gang bangers hanging out and causing tenants troubles. Those places were further north up into the more populated areas of the south bay. Today, I go south to look at a place completely out of Silicon Valley - a seniors apartment complex with a huge 1 bedroom offered.

Breakfast is ok this early, coffee and Jimmy Deans breakfast biscuits.

The breakfast movie will be the 1991 version of "Point Break."

When I get back, the movie mid-day will be "The Rocketeer", a movie that I rate high on the scale.

The late night movie I chose is "Star Trek VI, The Undiscovered Country."

Good luck with the apartment hunting. :okay:

Good luck with the apartment hunting. :okay:

I just got back. The place I looked at today was totally impressive. It'll only run me about $300 more per month max, but instead of a small bedroom, I will have a larger bedroom, an impressive kitchen/living room, lots of closet and shelf space, full kitchen with large fridge, stove/oven, sink, garbage disposal, dishwasher, laundry room with washer/dryer hookups and gated parking. All that in an excellent area with no sign of homeless tents or gang members. I got my application in for this one.

Back
Top Bottom