Favorite Movies

I've come across three more movies to add to my collection, 1953 "Mogambo", 2011 "War Horse" and 2015 "1944."

What movies do you know of that have the power to bring a tear to your eyes?

What movies do you know of that have the power to bring a tear to your eyes?
Quite a few, and not just because it's an emotional subject being portrayed. Some things are just so well done that it can be a moving thing just to experience.

I will say, though, that I'm less like that with films than I am with music, but it does happen.

Here's one:

View: https://youtu.be/WQ_Yo06kIIA

Just the fact that someone thought this up and created this makes me happy beyond belief. It's not entirely clear in the trailer, but the movie is as much a comedy as anything else, and it's so crazily inventive, it's just a joy to watch, especially if you're a fan of the craft of moviemaking.

House (1977 film) - Wikipedia

Welcome to June and good morning. Oats and an apple, with coffee, are for breakfast this morning.

The breakfast movie will be "Ratatouille."

The mid-day movie will be "Return to House on Haunted Hill."

The late night movie will be "10,000 B.C." and followed by a dinosaur documentary - "Sea Monsters: A Prehistoric Adventure." I love fossils and dinosaurs and prehistoric stuff.

Good morning people. I managed to get through yesterday, but left one thing I had scheduled, undone. I wanted to get back into reading some photography product related material, but it slipped the crack yesterday. It's on the docket for today.

Breakfast is simple today. I'm all out of fruit, so it just oats and coffee. I'll go for groceries this weekend. I have a huge list of things I want to get in the coming days or weeks.

The breakfast movie will be "Australia", the movie that apologizes for Australia's lost generations.

The mid-day movie will be a real freaky creature feature, - "Cloverfield." I plan to squeeze in another prehistory documentary too, - "Clash of The Cavemen."

The late night movie I picked is the 2008 version of "The Day The Earth Stood Still."

Good morning. Breakfast is still oats and coffee and I haven't gone shopping, so I don't have any fruit.

The breakfast movie will be "Gran Torino."

The mid-day movie will be "The Hurt Locker."

The late night movie will be "In Bruges."

Good day. Breakfast this morning with my coffee may be eggs and bacon of sorts. I have to figure on what to do with them.

The breakfast movie will be "Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of The Crystal Skull."

The mid-day movie will be "James Bond, 007, Quantum of Solace."

For the late night flick, I'll be starting out on the dinosaur prehistory documentaries in "Jurassic Fight Club." The first four I'll watch tonight will be "Journey to 10,000 B.C.", "Armageddon", "Biggest Killers" and "Bloodiest Battle." These are about on average, 45 minutes each episode.

Good morning. Oats and coffee with no fruit for breakfast. I will go for groceries tomorrow to replenish my produce and dairy stuff, et al.

The breakfast movie is a new movie I just received, "1944." It's about Estonians in 1944 who are pitted in a civil war, some with Nazi Germany and some with Stalinist Russia.

For the mid-day movie, I will continue working through "Jurassic Fight Club" with "Cannibal Dinosaur", "Deep Sea Killers", "Gang Killers" and "Hunter becomes Hunted."

The late night movie will be more "Jurassic Fight Club" - "Ice Age Monsters", "Raptor's Last Stand", "Raptors vs. T-Rex", "River of Death" and "T-Rex Hunter." And that finishes off the series.

G'day folks. I am skipping breakfast this morning. My coffee machine broke down yesterday and I need another. I will get one while out for groceries today.

This morning's movie will be "Love Lies Bleeding."

The mid-day movie will be "Meet The Spartans."

The late night movie will be "The Mummy: Tomb of The Dragon Emperor."

Good morning. I've got a new coffee maker. Hooray!

full.jpg

That'll make my day more normal. Breakfast will be Jimmy Dean Sausage Egg and Cheese Biscuits and a smoothie later.

The breakfast movie will be something I just received yesterday, - "War Horse."

The mid-day movie will be an interesting scifi flick, - "Outlander."

The late night movie goes back to some dinosaur/prehistory docus, - "Prehistoric Megastorms", including "Comet Storm", "Hypercane", "Mega Tsunami", "Noah's Great Flood", "Prehistoric English Superflood" and "Volcanic Winter."

Good morning CBers. My plans to go grocery shopping have been somewhat disrupted. The apartment complex is resurfacing the parking lot and has asked us all to park out on the side streets for the next three days. And that means there's going to be a parking space competition. So, first thing this morning, I moved to a close by spot out front. And I won't move til after Friday, 5:00pm.

For breakfast, I'm thinking eggs and bacon on bagels as breakfast sandwiches with coffee. This will be followed by that smoothie, I failed to make yesterday and had ice cream for dessert instead.

The breakfast movie will be "Shark in Venice."

The mid-day movie will be "Starship Troopers 3, Marauder."

The late night movie will be "Valkyrie."

Good morning. I'm up and about. I'll do my last Jimmy Dean sausage, egg and cheese for breakfast, with a banana and my coffee, this morning.

The breakfast movie will be "2012", followed by a short animation, "Wallace and Gromit: A Matter of Loaf and Death."

The mid-day movie will be "Amelia", a biographical take on Amelia Earhart.

The late night movie will be "Avatar."

Good morn'n. Today I should be receiving my game meats and NZ green lipped mussels. I hope they survived frozen, the trip from Kansas City. My fingers remain crossed.

Breakfast this morning will be eggs and bacon on a bagel, a banana and coffee.

The breakfast movie will be "Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince" and another dino docu, - "Clash of The Dinosaurs: Perfect Predators."

The mid-day movie will be "Malibu Shark Attack."

The late night movie will be the 2009 version of "Star Trek."

Back
Top Bottom