Favorite Movies

Good day all. Yesterday was fun, sweating out whether my online game meat and New Zealand green lipped mussel order would arrive ok, without being spoiled. It did arrive OK.

It's early and I think I'd like to do pancakes for breakfast, - that's different for me. I have to wait for a later hour so I don't make a lot of noise to disturb the neighbors.

Til then, the breakfast movie will be "Surrogates."

The mid-day movie will be "Terminator Salvation."

The late night movie will be "Harry Potter and The Deathly Hollows Part I."

Good morning. It cooled down here last night and my head is already snotted up. The parking lot work is done and I moved my vehicle back in last night.

I am only doing oats and a banana with my coffee for breakfast this morning. Those chocolate pancakes yesterday were very rich and weighty.

The breakfast movie this morning is "Inception."

The mid-day movie will be "The Last Airbender." I will add another dino/prehistory docu here, - "Monsters Resurrected: Great American Predator."

And speaking of pedators, the late night movie will be "Predators." Can there be more of these Predator sequels?

Good morning. Time to go grocery shopping today. I'm just going to do coffee this morning and maybe, a banana.

The breakfast movie will be the 2010 version of "Robin Hood" and another dino docu, - "Prehistoric, Discovery Channel."

The mid-day movie will be "Shutter Island."

The late night movie will be the 2010 version of "True Grit."

Oh no, my WiFi carrier sent me an email warning of a service outage and no idea when, but, fixed by 7:00pm. I wonder if it was last night? Yes, it was and I wasn't on the net at that time.

Last edited:
Welcome to a new day and a new week. I awoke to a most excellent dream this morning and no, I won't share the details, as it got very intimate.

A notice was posted on my door that the maintenance man will be coming in to change the air conditioning filters today, so I won't be doing any detailed cooking today, starting with breakfast, which will only be oats, a banana and coffee.

The breakfast movie will be "Unstoppable", a movie about an idiot who lets a train get away from him under full power, complete with tanks of explosive toxic chemicals, and the heroes who in movie mysticism, overcome all odds to stop the train, save day, and for one of them, avoid a divorce and separation from his kid. Somehow, this Hollywood action movie lacks a hurricane, an earthquake, or tornado to really round out the incredible.

The mid-day movie will be "Apollo 11", the kind of history that we are all waiting for NASA to follow up with a shot for Mars.

The late night movie will be "Battle: Los Angeles", space invaders escape from a Hollywood set to ravage Santa Monica and LA.

Good morning world. I'll try eggs and bacon this morning and maybe a smoothie later.

The breakfast movie will be "Cowboys & Aliens."

The mid-day movie will be "The Flowers of War."

The late night movie will be a Korean war movie called "The Front Line" which requires English subtitles as the movie is filmed in Korean language. It is a rather good movie, else.

Good morning. Breakfast will be kept simple, oats and coffee.

The breakfast movie will be "Harry Potter and The Deathly Hollows Part II."

The mid-day movie will be "The Mexican."

The late night movie will be "Real Steel."

Good morning CB members and others. I woke later than usual this morning and feel recovered from my long and busy day, yesterday. I will be doing, hopefully, not one, but two, chocolate recipe challenge entries today, starting bright and early, after coffee is down the gullet.

Breakfast this morning will be, if anything, just oats. I figure to be munching on some things as the day goes and will keep breakfast light.

The breakfast movie will be "Soul Surfer", the true story of Bethany Hamilton, a young surfer who had her arm bit off by a shark and willed herself to get back into surfing and compete, despite the missing arm.

The mid-day movie will be "War Horse", the story of a fine horse who was sold to the British military at the start of World War I and somehow survived the ravages of trench warfare to re-unite with its former owner.

The late night movie I picked, is " We Bought a Zoo", another true story, this one about a man who having lost his wife, went looking for a new house for himself and his kids to move away from the memories. He wound up buying into a house in the country that included a zoo. It was unowned and barely managed, looking at being closed down for good. The man restored the zoo and gave it notoriety as not just a zoo in the country, but a zoo with worldwide acclaim.

I ate a heavy meal yesterday and despite the heat wave we are having here, I slept like brick and got up later than usual. I will have a kolache with coffee for breakfast and luckily, I set up the stuff I'll need for my next two recipe challenges which I will endeavor to create today. One of these is a jaw dropper. You either appreciate it or thing "What the ... ?"

The breakfast movie for today will be "Battleship" a scifi alien invasion that is thwarted by the USS Iowa, BB-63.

The mid-day movie will be "Battle Star Gallactica Blood and Chrome."

The late night movie is to be "Cloud Atlas", a really long fantasy movie that flips through several re-incarnations of various characters to reach a somewhat flat tire conclusion for all its interesting excursions. If you haven't seen this movie, you'll like it.

Good morning peoples. I will be doing left over chocolate adobo enchilada, refried beans and tortilla chips for today's meal. I'm going to do eggs and pork sausage for breakfast with my coffee and a banana.

The breakfast movie this morning will be "Emperor", the WWII story of how it was decided not to process the emperor of Japan for war crimes.

The mid-day movie will be "Fortress (2012)", another WWII movie, this one about B-17 flying fortresses flying out of Tunisia during the build up to the liberation of Italy from the Nazis.

The late night movie will be "The Hobbit, An Unexpected Journey."

Good day. I've got an easy day in mind with no heavy cooking due to the heat wave. I will try some eggs and sausage for breakfast, which is what I failed to do yesterday.

The breakfast movie will be "Hunger Games."

The mid-day movie will be "Iron Sky."

The late night movie will be "James Bond, 007, Skyfall."

What do you think of these young adult movie series?

Divergent series
Hunger Games/Mocking Jay series
Maze Runner series

I like them.

What do you think of these young adult movie series?

Divergent series
Hunger Games/Mocking Jay series
Maze Runner series

I like them.
Of those, I've seen just one Hunger Games/Mocking Jay movie, I don't know which one, and was not impressed.

I had trouble sleeping tonight, - lots of pain. I can't figure why it happens on some nights, but not others. Ouch!

So, I'm making coffee and will skip breakfast, except for maybe a smoothie, much later this morning.

The breakfast movie will be "John Carter."

The mid-day movie will be "Prometheus." This turns out to be another sequel or proquel, to the Aliens series.

The late night movie will be "Red Tails", a second historical recap of the Tuskegee Airmen.

Good morning all. I slept soundly last night after having a wonderful meal of elk and abalone yesterday. I had finished my last kolache too. Time to bake something new.

Breakfast this morning is granola, oats, coffee and later, that smoothie that I didn't do yesterday, but will today.

The breakfast movie will be the 2012 version of "Total Recall."

The mid-day movie will be "World War Z", a movie that they were giving away for free (as a promotion?). What is the fascination with zombies?

The late night movie will be "Zero Dark Thirty", an intriguing exposure of the intelligence work done to ultimately locate and finish the terrorist OBL

Back
Top Bottom