Favorite Movies

Watched "Serial Bad Weddinga". Didn't like it but I'm not usually a fan of french movies anywayy. The only one I enjoyed was "Claire & Claire"

Watched "Serial Bad Weddinga". Didn't like it but I'm not usually a fan of french movies anywayy. The only one I enjoyed was "Claire & Claire"

My absolute favorite French Movie is "Jean de Florette" and its follow up movie "Manon of The Spring." If you haven't seen these movies, you've got to. They are classics, despite the need for English Subtitles.

My absolute favorite French Movie is "Jean de Florette" and its follow up movie "Manon of The Spring." If you haven't seen these movies, you've got to. They are classics, despite the need for English Subtitles.
https://subscene.com/subtitles/jean-de-florette/english/1634711
https://subscene.com/subtitles/jean-de-florette/english/1279208
https://subscene.com/subtitles/manon-of-the-spring/english/1634715
https://subscene.com/subtitles/manon-of-the-spring/english/1177355

Breakfast this morning will include my Home-made Honey Oats Granola mixed with same amount of Rolled Oats, and of course, Coffee.

The Breakfast movie will be Clint Eastwood's "Absolute Power" which I just received yesterday.

Later, I have chosen, "Gray Lady Down."

And the late night movie will be the 1978 version of "Invasion of The Body Snatchers."

Oh my gosh! I'm up and vertical for another day! I will be trying to do something extraordinary for me this morning regarding Breakfast - Eggs Benedict. I figure by saying so, that's commitment and I won't shirk it off.

I will start with Coffee and Oats, saving the Banana for the Eggs Benedict. I can't start until H and P wake up as I don't want to make a lot of noise til then.

This morning's movie will be the comedy "1941."

Later, while I'm involved in another Pistachio recipe, I have picked "Alien", the first of a long list of Alien movies.

The late nighter that I have in mind will be "All Quiet On The Western Front."

BTW: I got in a discussion with caseydog yesterday regarding the availability of Veal and it turned toward inhumane treatment of livestock. Out of that I brought up a wonderful true story about Temple Grandin, an autistic woman who changed the way livestock is processed and ultimately slaughtered due to her insights into animal behavior. There is a movie about her, released in 2010, "Temple Grandin." Temple Grandin's story is well worth looking into, especially on a food forum.

No Eggs Benedict for Breakfast today. I'm back to Oats and Coffee again.

The Breakfast movie is "Apocalypse Now."

Later, the mid-day movie will be "The China Syndrome."

The late night movie will be James Bond in "Moonraker."

Watched "Shutter Island", what a movie! Based on a novel by the same author of "Mystic River" which is another movie right up my alley. I think tomorrow I will watch "Gone Baby Gone" which is also based on a novel by the same author, Dennis Lehane.

Good Morning.

The Breakfast movie this morning is "The Lone Ranger."

I just received 4 DVDs yesterday, "The Lone Ranger", "In Bruges", "Sea of Sand" and "Angry Red Planet." Three of these were recommends in this thread. I'll be watching them over the next couple days.

"The Lone Ranger" is indeed a silly movie where Tonto (Spanish for Fool) seems smarter than Kimo Sabe (Know it All) and Tonto considers Silver the spirit horse Stupid, but he himself can't make a wise decision at all. And I can't figure out what the Hollywood history revisionist message is. It doesn't seem to support Native Americans and instead, harps on Economic Progress as a 'Windigo' evil that the heros of the movie need to put down by killing US military and villains alike. And as usual in movie westerns, the hero rides off into the sunset leaving the girl to become an old maid. Hollywood at least got that angle right. Despite that, this silly movie was enjoyable and worth having in the collection.

The mid-day movie will be "Mad Max."

The late night movie will be "In Bruges."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom