Favorite potato crisps/chips

Hemulen

Woof-woof
Local time
5:13 AM
As nice as it is to cook from the start or try all kinds of recipes, there is a time and place for potato chips (as far as I'm concerned). I try to cut down on them not to gain weight, though. What are your favorite chips? In Finland we call them 'sipsit'; 'chips'. My four favorites are all extra crispy and sleek (not ruffled) and available in local supermarkets. I guess a smooth finish makes the crisps/chips a little less greasy, although Pipers are well-cooked (most brown) and greasy to start with. The two other brands are Pirkka (Finnish Kesko) and Taffel (Norwegian Orkla group).

sipsit_2.jpg

My favorite is my own when Mrs Blank lets me make them. They are a clean canvas. My favorite flavor is grated hard cheese and blitzed deep fried crispy onions. Two slices of fresh bloomer, buttered sandwiching the cheese and onion crisps is a sarnie of incerdible textures and flavor.

My favorite is my own when Mrs Blank lets me make them. They are a clean canvas. My favorite flavor is grated hard cheese and blitzed deep fried crispy onions. Two slices of fresh bloomer, buttered sandwiching the cheese and onion crisps is a sarnie of incerdible textures and flavor.View attachment 47805
Used to be my guilty pleasure - cheese and onion crisps with cream cheese in a sandwich of soft white bread.

Lay's is a Dallas based company (actually the suburb, Plano). They make so many flavors of chips for so many markets that we can't get here in the DFW area. Oregano is one of them.

CD
I get those in Cyprus but they are not widely available here. They also do feta cheese flavour for the same market.

Back
Top Bottom