Favorite potato crisps/chips

Do you (or anybody) remember Olestra cooked chips? Wow, was that a major FAIL! They made your mouth feel really weird, and went through you like a bullet train.

View attachment 49209

CD
Oh, defiantly. They were horrible.

Eating one thing at a time on a plate is a new one on me.
My brother says I eat like a 10yo, but I don't know. I've always done that.

If I may self-analyze for a moment, I do like order and I like things done in order, so it probably has something to do with that - finish one thing before moving on to the next.

My new flavor veg and mule. For all you potato aficionados. The variety is international kidney, if grown on the south facing cliff slopes of Jersey Channel Islands. They become one of the most famous potatoes in the world with AOC protection . The Jersey Royal.
The year before I planted I composted seaweed we collected in Llandudno with grass mowing's and veg kitchen waste. I had two south facing cold frames, one for strawb's the other we created a slope with the compost and earth. We planted the seeds in early Feb and put the glass cover on. Early April we dug our first horm of sweet little finger scrapers. I left 4 horms in till they died back and produced 16 kg of these monster. This is what these crisps are made from. The reds were late crop so we would use them Nov/April.
1603778352006.png
1603775663012.png
1603775959780.png
The cold frame

Last edited:
My new flavor veg and mule. For all you potato aficionados. The variety is international kidney, if grown on the south facing cliff slopes of Jersey Channel Islands. They become one of the most famous potatoes in the world with AOC protection . The Jersey Royal.
The year before I planted I composted seaweed we collected in Llandudno with grass mowing's and veg kitchen waste. I had two south facing cold frames, one for strawb's the other we created a slope with the compost and earth. We planted the seeds in early Feb and put the glass cover on. Early April we dug our first horm of sweet little finger scrapers. I left 4 horms in till they died back and produced 16 kg of these monster. This is what these crisps are made from. The reds were late crop so we would use them Nov/April.View attachment 49223View attachment 49226View attachment 49227The cold frame
My fave is cliff kidney, sweet lil morsels with dollops of butter. We grow to eat on Xmas day, spuds and peas from our garden on Xmas day. Doesn't get better. We have two rows planted already.

Russ

We grow to eat on Xmas day, spuds and peas from our garden on Xmas day.
Because of the hemisphere weather difference for Xmas day I would plant in this rubble sack in late Oct. The residual heat from the house would keep the frost at bey. Believe it or not we would get about 3 kg of these little beauties.
1603778034201.png
1603778223476.png

Back
Top Bottom