Favorite smoked cheese

Rosyrain

Veteran
Local time
3:27 PM
Smoked gouda used to be my favorite smoked cheese, but I discovered smoke Gruyere the other day and now that is my favorite. I cut it up into slices and then wrapped it in ham slices and it was the best snack ever. What is your favorite smoked cheese?

Mine has always been smoked gouda but then again I have never really tries any other smoked cheese. I like gouda so I tend to stick with that. I eat it quite often. I love it on crackers. I will have to try some smoked Gruyere and see what it is like. I have never even heard of it before but then again I usually stick with the same cheeses.

I really like to have smoked cheese with ham on a cracker. This cheese was so good that I was just nibbling on slices of it. I really like smoked gouda too, and smoked Gruyere tastes almost the same.

Gruyere and Gouda are both awesome smoked cheeses as is Edam. I had the Wendy's burger last night with Gouda cheese, and yes, it was awesome. I think it is one of the best burgers I have eaten recently. I will have to try making that at home because the cheese melting effect is quite nice. I find that the cheese melted much better than standard American, and imparted a whole new taste.

There are some lovely smoked cheeses from Ireland. One of my favourites is Ardrahan, which is a semi-soft cheese with an (edible) orangey rind. It comes from County Cork, as does Gubbeen, another smoky and semi-soft cheese.

Back
Top Bottom