Favourite mustard?

Apparently its not really French. And Coleman's was ordered to stop making it!

Just don’t call it French mustard
Oh I’m aware of its history and tbh I think it’s a bit much. It was conceived by Colemans in the early 1900’s when their success took them to France. They came up with French mustard specifically for the French market as they thought having tasted their other mustards it would please them. No offence was intended or taken, at the time there was a lot of collaboration and it was liked.

I don’t take offence at the imitation products in Spain with ‘English‘ stamped on them - although the sausages with ‘English‘ stamped on them are.. urr.. best not mentioned 😆

I kinda think people need to take a chill pill over the whole thing.

Unilever obviously managed to strike some sort of deal with the EU as they still sell French mustard now just in jumbo sized containers over 2litres!

I don’t take offence at the imitation products in Spain with ‘English‘ stamped on them - although the sausages with ‘English‘ stamped on them are.. urr.. best not mentioned 😆

I kinda think people need to take a chill pill over the whole thing.

I agree!

I thought you might know the history but added to the thread for info.

gunden's.jpg

This one seems to serve all of my mustard needs pretty well. It is made in Pennsylvania, though, not in Dijon. The label says it contains "real Chablis wine" so theoretically that ingredient is made in France. After reading this thread I guess I have to do more experimentation with this popular condiment.

Got this in my Christmas stocking - looking forward to trying it:

IMG_7165.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom