Favourite mustard?

I agree with CookieMonster
Wasabi is also part of the mustard family, and we use it almost daily.
Real Wasabi.JPG

IMG_5492.JPG

and yes, I do know that one should not mix the shoyu into the wasabi, but that's what we do.

Speaking of mustard, how do you like to use your mustard?
I really like making up snack plates using different salami, veggies, cheese and a lovely mustard for dipping.

Good idea. I never think of doing that. Most often I use mustard with hot food as a condiment, in salad dressings and in sauces. I always add some hot English mustard to cheese sauce.

Good idea. I never think of doing that. Most often I use mustard with hot food as a condiment, in salad dressings and in sauces. I always add some hot English mustard to cheese sauce.
My OH often uses it in sandwiches or on tofu.
Wholegrain mustard is also excellent in mashed potato.

I just received a gift in the mail
IMG_3260.JPG

I'm excite to try them both!
IMG_3267.JPG

For my afternoon snack: I sliced some sharp Cheddar Cheese, put that atop a cracker and then added a dollop of each Mustard.
I also tasted each straight up from the little spoon I used to dish them out.
Very tasty from TastyReuben ... see what I did there? :laugh:

Last edited:
So many mustards I love them all. Currently lurking in my fridge -

English mustard, no longer Colemans as it has become weak of late (but I do still use Colemans powder to make my own mustard) so off the shelf first choice it‘s Daylesford or Tracklements. If I must then marks and Spencer’s or Waitrose will do but they are not the best.
Dijon Mustard (usually Maille or Grey Poupon but I’m happy with most brands of Dijon)
French’s for that American hotdog flavour mustard.
Grey Poupon Wholegrain mustard (again I’m happy with most wholegrain brands).
Maille Dijon with honey (a surprisingly good all rounder).
Slotts Senap as this comes in a tube so is good in a kitchen pannier.

And lastly the one that causes me most grief is French mustard. The stuff was in nearly every pub in the 80‘s but went out of favour and now if you ask for French mustard then you get given Dijon but they aren’t the same thing at all.
French mustard is a darker brown, mild and fruity and Mr SSOAPs favourite for steak.
Fortunately Waitrose sell it so I’m saved listening to him rant about the disappearance of French mustard most of the time 😆

I tried Dino’s which has great reviews and was disappointed with the taste and the ingredients list, I think French’s runs circles around it!

Back
Top Bottom