Recipe Fluffy Bread Rolls

It's "Makha Bucha" (มาฆบูชา) day tomorrow so my wife will be at the temple all morning therefore I may try tomorrow.

I still haven't got there. My wife brought some sough dough home which needed eating. Yesterday was snooker day and today I have some chicken which will soon be past its best-by date so that needs eating (I'm trying something new with it).

Right! Done it!

I relied on the recipe as adjusted by @morning glory and added 1 tblsp olive oil as per her suggestion. I cocked it up a little by adding too much water but the dough appears to have weathered that. I now have four portions of dough of which three are in the freezer and the other is in the fridge for tomorrow. I have read the wonderful responses regarding the results obtained from the recipe but I guarantee I'll manage to cock it up somehow!

I have concluded that not only will I not progress to be a Formula 1 driver nor a professional snooker player, I will never be a bloody baker either!

baked 1 s.jpg

How did you cook them - in the bread maker? They are supposed to be cooked so they rise touching each other along the sides. This helps them keep shape rather than spreading and also looks pretty when they are torn apart.

How did you cook them - in the bread maker? They are supposed to be cooked so they rise touching each other along the sides. This helps them keep shape rather than spreading and also looks pretty when they are torn apart.

Kneaded them in the breadmaker, cooked them in the halogen, viz:

Hotdog bread s.jpg

My wife did the "clever bit".

... well they have spread outwards. And for some reason the crust looks crisp rather than soft. What was the texture like inside?

The crusts were slightly crisp but not breakfast roll crisp. The texture inside was certainly not fluffy but edible. I popped a couple of hotdog sausages in one and it was just a tad on the better side of OK.

sausages 1 s.jpg

I cut up the other "roll" and lathered it with garlic butter and parsley. Not too bad really.

garlic bread 0 s.jpg

Definitely looks better with the sausages in it! I wonder if its simply the halogen oven which is causing them to not be fluffy. I'm not sure in what sense its different from an ordinary oven.

Oh - and anything is better with garlic butter!

Definitely looks better with the sausages in it! I wonder if its simply the halogen oven which is causing them to not be fluffy. I'm not sure in what sense its different from an ordinary oven.

I considered it a fan oven so the cooking temperature was set at 175 degC. I initially baked it for 10 minutes and then a couple more minutes to brown the top.

I have 3 portions of the dough left so I may fire up the old gas oven for the next "batch" - it should be able to achieve 190 degC.

Back
Top Bottom