Food & cooking abbreviations & nicknames

Yep. I´ve used the stuff but I´m not really happy with the taste/smell. It smells of fish.
How about a MacBLT?:D:D
I have no idea what a MacBLT is, I am assuming that it's a McDonald's sandwich but I had no idea they had BLTs there. I haven't eaten at a McDonald's in about 25 years or more I think.

Yep. I´ve used the stuff but I´m not really happy with the taste/smell. It smells of fish.
How about a MacBLT?:D:D
I used to think it was just me, but after hearing a chef on TV mention it in passing, I looked it up, and yes, some people get the fishy smell/taste. Others don’t notice it. I sure do.

I have no idea what a MacBLT is, I am assuming that it's a McDonald's sandwich but I had no idea they had BLTs there. I haven't eaten at a McDonald's in about 25 years or more I think.
Well, that may be a reference to the old McDLT, which was sort of like a Quarter-Pounder, but with a whole leaf of iceberg lettuce and a slice of tomato, served in a special two-sided container, with the burger on one side and the veg (and top bun, I think) on the other. Their slogan was something like “Keep the hot side hot, and the cool side cool.”

Then there was the Archburger, which was a QP on a Kaiser roll, with a horseradish-type sauce on it, and it was marketed as a burger “for the adults.”

And let’s not forget the McPizza…how long did that last?

I used to think it was just me, but after hearing a chef on TV mention it in passing, I looked it up, and yes, some people get the fishy smell/taste. Others don’t notice it. I sure do.

Well, that may be a reference to the old McDLT, which was sort of like a Quarter-Pounder, but with a whole leaf of iceberg lettuce and a slice of tomato, served in a special two-sided container, with the burger on one side and the veg (and top bun, I think) on the other. Their slogan was something like “Keep the hot side hot, and the cool side cool.”

Then there was the Archburger, which was a QP on a Kaiser roll, with a horseradish-type sauce on it, and it was marketed as a burger “for the adults.”

And let’s not forget the McPizza…how long did that last?
I had no idea about any of those. They seriously had a pizza? WTH? Although I must say that the horsey sauce on a 1/4 pounder doesn't sound half bad. I just hated their mystery meat, so it seriously has everything to do with the patty quality (or lack of). I can't believe people still eat that crap!

I had no idea about any of those. They seriously had a pizza? WTH? Although I must say that the horsey sauce on a 1/4 pounder doesn't sound half bad. I just hated their mystery meat, so it seriously has everything to do with the patty quality (or lack of). I can't believe people still eat that crap!
McPizza

Okay, this had me rotflmao! Yeah, he/she really hates lying, LOL.

Excerpt from the website link provided by TR:

Lcort2121·2/9/2022

The first time I ever tried the McPizza was June 3, 2017 at 7:46 pm at 6875 Sandlake Road in Orlando, Florida. I was there with my family for a couple of days to enjoy all of Disney World and Universal Studios and every single day that I was there, I would leave the parks earlier so I could enjoy my dinner that is the McPizza. It is the BEST pizza I've ever had and I am from New York. I am a pizza connoisseur. I have been to pretty much every single pizza restaurant/spot in New York City. I've also been to many, many places all over the east coast and even a couple of the best spots in Chicago. I still prefer and know that the McPizza is the best pizza ever created. I have not been to Italy, but I don't even care to go anymore because I know I will still prefer the McPizza. I am writing all of this because I am begging on my knees, please please please bring the McPizza to New York. I am tired of telling my family that I go to Orlando a few times a year for "business" when really, I go to enjoy the McPizza. I always feel guilty and I hate lying. But I am addicted. I think McDonald's adds something to their pizza like they do with their fries :wink: Please MCDONALD'S IF YOU ARE READING THIS PLEASE BRING THE MCPIZZA TO NEW YORK AND EVERY STATE IN THE US. OK NOT EVERY STATE BUT THE POPULAR ONES LIKE CALIFORNIA NEW JERSEY TEXAS ETC. I'VE WASTED THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS FLYING TO ORLANDO, STAYING AT A NEARBY HOTEL JUST TO EAT MCPIZZA. I CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT THE MCPIZZA.

I hope everyone is staying safe.
In good health ~ LC

These Everyday Words Are Actually Acronyms

Canola Oil
"There's not a canola plant, but you can still find this all-purpose cooking oil in many a pantry. It comes from the rapeseed plant, but that's a loaded name to try to sell. Canadian scientists made the rapeseed oil better suited for cooking, and now you can purchase "Canada Oil, Low Acid."

This link is not available in the UK.

Yeah, it's a pretty nasty oil imo.

Pure rapeseed oil is a lovely oil in my opinion. Here in the UK you can buy cold pressed rapeseed and many top chefs use it. I have a feeling that although canola is made from rapeseed it may well be processed in a way that UK rapeseed isn't. In the UK there are no GM crops so that could possibly be another difference.

Rapeseed Oil Tips from Top UK Chefs

Off topic...

Last edited:
Pure rapeseed oil is a lovely oil in my opinion. Here in the UK you can buy cold pressed rapeseed and many top chefs use it. I have a feeling that although canola is made from rapeseed it may well be processed in a way that UK rapeseed isn't. In the UK there are no GM crops so that could possibly be another difference.

Rapeseed Oil Tips from Top UK Chefs

Off topic...
We also have cold pressed non GMO canola oil available. I've tried it and firstly, it has a taste, a little grassy and it wasn't too bad and secondly, generally these are normally local crop productions with more care taken as opposed to almost all other production of refined canola/rapeseed oil from monocropping for everyday cooking.

Most seed oils, starting with cotton seeds way back when were basically industrial oils for machinery until technology found a way so they could be used for consumption, that's technology for you eh! Rapeseed is basically high in glucosinolates which is a compound that makes it bitter and also high in erucic acid levels that also through technology but much much later in time were found to have some serious consequences in animal studies and that's when all Countries moved away from rapeseed with higher levels and in the 70's for example "Canola" was re-engineered for low glucosinolates and erucic acid and everyone followed suit. Rapeseed in the EU needs to be under 2% as is Canola, so that was encouraging. I mean at very high levels it was used in WW1 to make mustard gas, so thanks to the scientists making it edible. just kidding lol.

That basically leaves us with the refined rapeseed/canola that people in restaurants and home use to cook everyday. Anyway with many of these seed oils that have found their way into the food supply through refinement have many deleterious effects on our biology, and I can elaborate on that as well but one of those effect and mostly seed oils that have longer chain polyunsaturated fats like rapeseed/canola and during the refining process generate "trans fats" in very, very low quantities, but nevertheless if consumed on a daily basis nips away and generate free radicals and inflammation contributing to the imbalance of n:6 and n"3's omega balance and is not good at all for longevity.

Personally I stay away from refined seed oils with a barge pole mostly because of the devastation done to the planet from monocropping and regardless of how much the food industrial complex tells me how great they are for our health, they are not on our side when it comes to health, only profits and control of what we eat. Oh, and it can smell like fish lol. Cheers.

Last edited:
Just to add. If the food industrial complex did care about what we ate the health of the nations involved would be getting better, but there not it's getting worse, much worse. In the last 40 yrs when they decided to tell us what to eat inflammatory diseases are out of control like heart disease, diabetes, dementia, Alzheimer's, IBS, Parkinson's, arthritis and the list goes on. We have technology that has transformed our food supply in a way that our basic ancient biology is not only not geared for but is making us pretty sick. Cheers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom