Food or drink related New Year resolutions (2022)

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
3:46 PM
Do you have food or drink related resolutions for 2022?

My main one is a complete clear out of store cupboards and freezers. Its bonkers. I simply have too much stuff which is old and probably past using. In fact, its so bonkers that I'm not even sure what I have.

We would have no government officials whatsoever, police and immigration included.

Being retired and in order to extend my stay in Thailand every 12 months, I need a sum of ฿800,000.00 (c. £18,000.00) in a Thai bank for the previous 12 months or a certified monthly income of ฿65.000.00 (c. £1,500.00). Both of these methods require substantial documentation from banks, pension providers, etc., as proof. Also proof of current address has to be provided with written certification from the house/hotel owner.

However, that is the legal way.

Should you so wish, all these onerous requirements will disappear by slipping a sum of ฿15,000.00 - ฿20,000.00 (depending upon the province) to the Immigration Officer in charge.

I lost 8,5 kilo's this year ( 17 lbs) , I wish to aim for -10 kilo's next year. I kept the lost weight off because I gradually changed my habits and I want to keep doing that.
Only slow and steady wins the race, fast weight loss has only caused me the jojo effect in the past so I am doing it differently now.
This will take me years with the amount I need to lose but I need to be patient to get permanent results and to avoid triggering my eating disorder.

I lost 8,5 kilo's this year ( 17 lbs) , I wish to aim for -10 kilo's next year. I kept the lost weight off because I gradually changed my habits and I want to keep doing that.
Only slow and steady wins the race, fast weight loss has only caused me the jojo effect in the past so I am doing it differently now.
This will take me years with the amount I need to lose but I need to be patient to get permanent results and to avoid triggering my eating disorder.
Have you ever heard of apple cider vinegar for weight loss? I've been taking it for the past year or so in a capsule at first then switched to chewable gummies. There are other ingredients in some that promote weight loss like green coffee extract and garcinia cambogia, the formulas vary by brand (the one I am taking now has B12 but not the green coffee or garcinia). In the past, a few times I drank ACV mixed with honey and diluted with water, but I found that hard to stick with personally and the pills or chewables were much easier. Anyway, I lost about 18 pounds this year taking them and doing nothing else differently, and I didn't even take it consistently, there were days I skipped them and I think the pills I started on I was supposed to take a few per day but I never did. You'd have to check with your doctor to make sure that nothing in them are a contraindication with any medications you are on and be sure it wouldn't interfere with any medical conditions you have of course, but it's worth a shot. My doctor was skeptical that they worked when I mentioned them last year, but said yeah, give it a try if you want. Last checkup she was quite pleased and surprised about the amount of weight I lost.

Last edited:
I've never made specific New Year's resolutions. I'll set goals and make plans throughout the year but it's not date specific, could be an August resolution but I don't think, "Hey I need to get this done in August", lol.

I cleaned out my party last week and organized my garage freezer a few days ago. At some point I will clean out my kitchen freezer, maybe next week. I also need to clean out my closets and donate old coats and sweaters since it's getting colder, might keep some homeless person warmer.

Short term goals.

Practice an act of kindness every day - not just to loved ones - strangers or people I encounter during the day.
I'm pretty certain you have been doing that already for most of your life. :)

But are you feeding them? :D

Last edited:
Well for a person of intellect, I am scatter brained when it comes to plans. I just go with one or two guiding points. This year, besides maintaining intellectual and spiritual health, the point is to break with routine. And as much as I relish variety in all things, you might think that routine is a hard thing to define. But I do have my ruts that I keep making deeper and want to cut away on some new ruts.

Have you ever heard of apple cider vinegar for weight loss? I've been taking it for the past year or so in a capsule at first then switched to chewable gummies. There are other ingredients in some that promote weight loss like green coffee extract and garcinia cambogia, the formulas vary by brand (the one I am taking now has B12 but not the green coffee or garcinia). In the past, a few times I drank ACV mixed with honey and diluted with water, but I found that hard to stick with personally and the pills or chewables were much easier. Anyway, I lost about 18 pounds this year taking them and doing nothing else differently, and I didn't even take it consistently, there were days I skipped them and I think the pills I started on I was supposed to take a few per day but I never did. You'd have to check with your doctor to make sure that nothing in them are a contraindication with any medications you are on and be sure it wouldn't interfere with any medical conditions you have of course, but it's worth a shot. My doctor was skeptical that they worked when I mentioned them last year, but said yeah, give it a try if you want. Last checkup she was quite pleased and surprised about the amount of weight I lost.
I've checked it out and it's pretty expensive here, I'll give it a whirl but I have to wait a while before I can afford to start.

I've checked it out and it's pretty expensive here, I'll give it a whirl but I have to wait a while before I can afford to start.
Well the liquid isn't expensive if you wanted to try drinking it with honey and diluted with water. If you do just small amounts it shouldn't be too hard to drink.

caseydog mentioned mixing Bragg ACV with apple juice. I don't like apple juice personally but I imagine that other juices would work.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom