Food Shopping-Kroger Boost.

I think I am probably missing out on my senior discount at lots of stores, I keep forgetting that at 60 I am considered a senior at multiple places.
You mean you don’t have your Ohio Golden Buckeye card?!?! WHAT?!?!

TastyReuben I wish we had that kind of choice in grocery shopping!

We've got:
Sprouts (green grocer mainly, but some other things as well)
Trader Joe's
Safeway/Vonn's
a couple small family owner/run Carniceria's and farm stands
We have a lot of other places, too, like Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s (I don’t care for either one of those, and it’s nothing to do with the price, as Dorothy Lane is half again as expensive), those are just the ones I go to.

Jungle Jim’s is the farthest out, about an hour each way (the route I take, anyway), and Dorothy Lane is farthest in the opposite direction, about 45 minutes each way.

I just think over my morning tea/coffee where I feel like going that day, then pick two more stores along the way and make a day of it. I’ll usually be out four or five hours total, depending on where I go.

Yeah, I'm usually gone for 2-3 hours on my grocery shopping outings.

I was just thinking about why we have so few selections of grocery shopping options here in the middle of the desert and it dawned on me ... Cattle is one the "C's" ... Five Cs of Arizona.
There's loads of folks here that Ranch and there also loads of folks that grow there own produce, keep poultry, have bee-hives for honey and agricultural use as well, and so on. These folks don't to buy too many things at stores.

No idea what that is, but the card is like the AARP card apparently. I just signed up for one.
Ya gotta be from the Cincy area for that one!

It’s a reference to Les Nessman, from “WKRP in Cincinnati.”

From Wikipedia:

Les's area of greatest expertise is agriculture; he is a five-time winner of the fictitious Ohio radio news trophy, the "Buckeye Newshawk Award" (given to the best news story specifically about, or related to, tap root vegetable production in "the tri-state area"), and has won the award an additional three times by the time of The New WKRP in Cincinnati. He has also won the coveted "Silver Sow Award" (for excellence in farm news, particularly hog reports), and the "Copper Cob Award" (also for farm broadcasting).

From Wikipedia:

Les's area of greatest expertise is agriculture; he is a five-time winner of the fictitious Ohio radio news trophy, the "Buckeye Newshawk Award" (given to the best news story specifically about, or related to, tap root vegetable production in "the tri-state area"), and has won the award an additional three times by the time of The New WKRP in Cincinnati. He has also won the coveted "Silver Sow Award" (for excellence in farm news, particularly hog reports), and the "Copper Cob Award" (also for farm broadcasting).
I actually used to watch that show in the 1970s. Lots of people who didn't live in Cinci watched it. I was a pretty young kid, so I don't remember the name of those awards, though I do remember all the characters. It was a pretty funny show, at least I think it was. I think I remember an episode where they did a turkey drop, not realizing turkeys can't fly?

I actually used to watch that show in the 1970s. Lots of people who didn't live in Cinci watched it. I was a pretty young kid, so I don't remember the name of those awards, though I do remember all the characters. It was a pretty funny show, at least I think it was. I think I remember an episode where they did a turkey drop, not realizing turkeys can't fly?

Oh, the Turkey episode was epic. I don't think I ever laughed so hard in my life.

CD

From Wikipedia:

And I bet you had a crush on Bailey.

And I bet you had a crush on Bailey.
Oh, 100%! Jennifer…nice woman, wish her well, but no Bailey Quarters!

IMDb

I used to work for a woman who looked like her twin sister, and like Bailey, she was extremely sweet, and she always gave off a “I will if you will” vibe, so I had to keep her at arm’s length. :laugh:

Oh, 100%! Jennifer…nice woman, wish her well, but no Bailey Quarters!

View attachment 89131
IMDb

I used to work for a woman who looked like her twin sister, and like Bailey, she was extremely sweet, and she always gave off a “I will if you will” vibe, so I had to keep her at arm’s length. :laugh:
I know your type, lol. I pegged you when you had a crush on Dr. Amy Acton.

Back
Top Bottom