Food you can't or won't eat

Nowt wrong wi rabbit! My dear old mum used to serve it regular.

Squirrel I've not eaten but would try it.

Any part of the frog I would be reluctant to eat. These are freshly skinned frogs at our town market.
I like frog legs. Taste sort of, but not entirely, like chicken. The belly looks too "gutty" even for me. Squirrel is really good. Rabbit is okay, but a bit on the dry side, but I would think wild rabbit would be even better. If I can get rabbit again, I think I would sous vide it.

A friend about twelve years ago brought me two squirrels he'd killed. I'd had them when I was much younger (probably the 70s) when Dad used to hunt. Anyhow my friend had skinned and gutted them (I wish he'd left the heart, but then again I'm not sure where they were shot). The older one I turned into a Brunswick stew, and the smaller I braised. Preferred the braising, but the stew was mighty fine. I would really really like to come into more squirrel meat, as I want to cook and write up recipes with it! Plus it is one of the tastiest meats around.

I've eaten just about all cheeses, even goat cheese. But THIS - limberger cheese, I won't eat!! :headshake:

I've eaten just about all cheeses, even goat cheese. But THIS - limberger cheese, I won't eat!! :headshake:View attachment 61805
MrsT lurves Limburger-and-raw-onion sandwiches. They're served at all the German festivals around here, and whenever we go, that's the first place she heads for. My job is to get beer, hers is to get (herself) a sandwich.

They are unlikely to be sewer rats as we do not have sewers out here in the sticks (cesspits and septic tanks normally). Mostly they are from the paddy fields.

They can be quite large....

View attachment 61773

That photo rat looks like a nutria, which is an invasive pest in The marshlands of Texas and Louisiana.

Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 6.46.02 PM.png

Some people eat them, but not me. We called them "Target Practice," because they are so invasive, that it is actually encouraged to kill them.

CD

That's a question hard to answer for me.

Let's say I love salmon very much, but when it comes to eat it in fishcakes, pates or any other type of spreadable... It's just beyond me. It's so much that can't stand that, honestly.

Another thing I hate with all my will is KFC take away. Worst food I have ever tried (if that can't be regarded as food)

Back
Top Bottom