Fresh Pineapple

I don't see the whole ones a lot these days but then again I don't get around much. Once upon a time the mobile fruit vendors would offer the whole fruit and peel it for you while you watched. Maybe they still do it in the city where I almost never go. I can ever remember seeing one for sale that was not ready for eating. I think a look and feel would tell me if it's ripe enough. $2.50 is more than a steal in my opinion.

I love fresh pineapple. Oftentimes a whole pineapple is quite affordable. Sometimes you can get them for 2.99. I like it just plain, or as a garnish, on ice cream or even grilled. Pineapple is quite versatile, and it tastes so good. I think it is one of my favorite fruits actually.

I like fresh pineapple, but I have not tasted one in a long time. I tend to drink pineapple juice more often than actually eating the fruit itself, although I know the latter would be more beneficial healthwise. I must say the price you quoted here is very reasonable indeed. I am not even sure what they sell for in my country these days.
It is true that once a pineapple is picked from the tree, it does not ripen any further after that. I don't know how anyone would tell whether it is ripe and ready to be picked or not. If I were to buy pineapple, I may most likely buy pieces that have already been sliced. This way I cannot go wrong where ripeness is concerned.

I really like the natural sweetness of pineapples. I am a dessert kind of person but that would usually be cakes and pastries. A fruit platter for me is not dessert but when the pineapple is fresh and sweet, then I would gladly have a plate. Again not the canned pineapples, I prefer the fruit.

I love fresh pineapple and here it is sometimes only.99 for a fresh one. We can also buy it already for consumption either whole, sliced or in chunks. I like to make pineapple banana bread and also add pinapple to chicken salad. And of course just eaten alone or over sugar free vanilla ice cream. I have mad a pineappl milkshake using fresh pineapple, skim milk and sugar free ice cream.

I love fresh pineapple and here it is sometimes only.99 for a fresh one. We can also buy it already for consumption either whole, sliced or in chunks. I like to make pineapple banana bread and also add pinapple to chicken salad. And of course just eaten alone or over sugar free vanilla ice cream. I have mad a pineappl milkshake using fresh pineapple, skim milk and sugar free ice cream.

I wish they were that cheap here! Right now I'm in Japan because hubby works in the Air Force and is stationed here, and they're a lot more expensive than I would like! I miss the States!!

I love fresh pineapple. It's so sweet and juicy. The fragrance of fresh pineapples is amazing too. I will only cook with canned pineapple if I can't find fresh pineapple. I love it grilled on the bbq or on pizza. I have never bought a fresh pineapple that wasn't already skinned. I wouldn't know how to go about cutting it. You must need a pretty big sharp knife to get through the tough skin. I can buy pineapples at our grocery store already skinned and cored for about $5. If you buy them whole I think it's about $4. I'll pay the extra dollar to have it already cored and skinned.

Pineapple is rich in fiber and is a great source of calcium and vitamin C that is why this kind of tropical fruit really do wonders for our health. We always buy any kind of fruits like pineapple still with their skins because we like eating fruits after it had just been peeled and while it is still fresh. In my mother country where I grew up and here where I migrated pineapples are always available in the groceries and supermarkets that is why we always eat this fruit.

Back
Top Bottom