Frozen fruit and vegetables

Mind you I don't think I've ever seen frozen spring onions for sale even in the UK. I can't get any herbs (including garlic or ginger) frozen, no leeks, no peppers, no chillies
That’s how it is here - definitely no frozen herbs, no chilies, no garlic, no ginger, and no leeks.

Peppers, yes (but only as part of a mix), and I think I’ve seen diced potatoes, meaning just plain potatoes, not the ones that are pre-seasoned.

That’s how it is here - definitely no frozen herbs, no chilies, no garlic, no ginger, and no leeks.

Peppers, yes (but only as part of a mix), and I think I’ve seen diced potatoes, meaning just plain potatoes, not the ones that are pre-seasoned.
I was talking about non seasoned diced potatoes

I like frozen veg because they last longer, especially as often I am the only one eating them.
Yep, I can relate to that. And frozen veg in the UK are good, in general.
Here in Venezuela, you're lucky if you can find (a) frozen peas (b) frozen mixed veg (c) frozen sweetcorn. We don't get much of a choice, but fresh veg are seasonal all year round.

One look at the more-brown-than-white “fresh” cauliflower at Kroger today…I bought frozen.

Let me think.
Peas, green beans, edamame. Sometimes broccoli and cauliflower. I have peppers from the garden that I Juliean and freeze. Strawberries and Raspberries. I buy a hand of ginger. Use what I need and freeze the rest.
My Middle Sister uses frozen savory medley - onions, bell pepper, celery. She also uses jarred minced garlic. I cannot use those products. I LOVE Checkers frozen fries. Checkers is a US burger chain. They have the BEST fries.
Chips for my friends across the pond.

SatNavSaysStraightOn , You said you have edamame beans in their pod and out. What's the advantage of having them in? It just seems you get less for your money as you have to spend time taking them out their pod.

SatNavSaysStraightOn , You said you have edamame beans in their pod and out. What's the advantage of having them in? It just seems you get less for your money as you have to spend time taking them out their pod.
They are seasoned. It's a 'delicacy'. They are often served warmed as an entree in restaurants for you to suck the beans out of the pod.

Personally if we have them at home, I'll soak them in boiling water to defrost them and remove some of the salt they come with because I find them very salty but I don't usually add salt to much so I taste it more than others (except caseydog ). You'll still get some of the seasoning, but it's not as overpowering.

Back
Top Bottom